Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just bought a billet grill that was listed in the classified section...link...
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...ale-2003-2006-tundra-black-grille/#post613241
and wasn't really aware that i'd have to cut my current grill and inset the billet into my grill frame. it's no big deal, just a bit more than i was expecting and the instructions could be a little more clear.

Can someone who has installed one of these offer up a few tips?...pics would be great if you have em. I'm not really clear on where exactly to cut my grill and inset the new billet. or, is painting really necessary?...or is there a clean way to do this without re-painting the piece?

·
Registered
306 Posts
i did this on my 05 tundra its a PITA. the hardest part was trying to cut with the curve of the frame. i didn't have to repaint my frame though because i didn't sand down the edges. i amazingly got it close enough so that it was pretty unnoticable. definetly helps with 2 or more people. the only reason i did it was because getting it installed was around 100 dollars :td: . also you might wanna make some type of marks when you put the screws in to place the grille. if you don't it will end up leaning back forward or off the the side. i didn't and mine is a little less then half a centimeter off to one side.. maybe less. not noticable except to me of course. in the end it turned out really nice though. i might be better at answering more specific questions... not sure though :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts