Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07' tundra dc xsp. It has the factory single disc cd player. Is it possible to install the factory dvd navigation system in it places?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have an 07' tundra dc xsp. It has the factory single disc cd player. Is it possible to install the factory dvd navigation system in it places?
I heard of someone plugging the nav in place of the JBL. Not sure if the plugs would match with yours though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I installed the factory nav in place of my JBL system on my '07 Crewmax. It is possible to install the nav system on your truck, but if you don't have the factory JBL system then you will need to purchase an amplifier. Otherwise, you will just need about a couple of wiring harnesses. If you don't have a nav system located yet or need parts to install one, PM me. I did alot of research to find out what it would take to install the nav along with the rear backup camera so I can save you some time. Also, most of the parts you will need will come from Canada. I have a Canadian contact for parts or entire Nav system install kits (Everything you need including the nav system). If you would like to contact him I will simply send him an e-mail just to make sure its alright to give out his contact info. Any questions just ask.

Greg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone for the advice. I do not have the JBL so not sure how mine would work. I hope just a harness and amp? Anyone have an idea about how much that whole set up would cost to do?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've spent almost 6 months tracking a lot of info and this is what I've come up with for the non JBL system. You need the head unit and the amp including all the pig tails that go with both. Make sure that the pig tails are long as I have purchased a navigation from a third party and could not for the life of me figure out the connections. So I ventured into a junk yard where BEHOLD there is my beloved 08 Tundra Crewmax Limited totalled. I got a good hand from one of the workers and removed the wiring I needed. I took it to a local stereo shop and he sent the radio to be tested and re-wired and it should go into my truck today. I think the install cost will be a little expensive aroung $200.00 dollars because they will basically be putting in a new system but if they charge me even $1,000 dollars its still a third of what the system will cost from canada. I'll let you know how it works out for me when I get it installed. I know everyone says it can't be done but when your a Marine you know that even the impossible is possible. Remember:You must keep sending work out; You must never let a manuscript do nothing. but eat its head offin a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while your working on anotherone. If you have talent, you will receive somemeasure of success-but only if you persist. Isaac Asimov

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply. I have been searching ebay and junk yards because i did not want to the pay the price that it would cost to get it from canada. when you get yours in and running let me know how it went.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I recently put in the nav screen in place of my jbl system on my limmited....I find that it doesnt quite work correctly....I think I might need some extra harnesses please let me know what I need and were the best place to find it is.

Thanks Vic

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2008 toyota tundra limited and bought the factory dvd system off ebay coming with back up cam and sat antena.

took it 2 the dealership they said it would cost me $1000 for the installing of this factory system because they need 2 run a amp and wires 2 all the speakers then $1100 for the amp so total $2,200.00 ...? are they ****ed because i have the jbl system with factory sub so i think i have the amp inplace already?

someone plz help... what would i need 2 do this and where would i find the info...?

thanks so much Jesse Crowe

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
i have a 2008 toyota tundra limited and bought the factory dvd system off ebay coming with back up cam and sat antena.

took it 2 the dealership they said it would cost me $1000 for the installing of this factory system because they need 2 run a amp and wires 2 all the speakers then $1100 for the amp so total $2,200.00 ...? are they ****ed because i have the jbl system with factory sub so i think i have the amp inplace already?

someone plz help... what would i need 2 do this and where would i find the info...?

thanks so much Jesse Crowe
My amp (2007 Tundra w/upgraded JBL) is located under the front passenger seat...can't miss it...I think the 08 amp is in the same place?

Brad

·
Registered
1 Posts
gdbuilders, do you still have the Canadian contact? If so, I'm interested in upgrading my 07 Tundra with a nav system. I can be contacted at [email protected], would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Larry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! Greg I saw old thread on installing factory nav system in a tundra, I have 09 highlander sport with JBL,I wanted install nav system in it, I have the Nav receiver but i need the wiring harnesses,The 2 plugs go in and the receiver turns on. You still have a contact in Canada for the harnesses? thank you Eric, My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi !!
I own a 2008 toyota tundra and it's non JBL system with a single Cd . I would like to install a factory Navigation system witch i already purchased with a separate amplifier ! So , i need the wiring harness to install both units !! Please help me with that !! Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the factory nav in place of my JBL system on my '07 Crewmax. It is possible to install the nav system on your truck, but if you don't have the factory JBL system then you will need to purchase an amplifier. Otherwise, you will just need about a couple of wiring harnesses. If you don't have a nav system located yet or need parts to install one, PM me. I did alot of research to find out what it would take to install the nav along with the rear backup camera so I can save you some time. Also, most of the parts you will need will come from Canada. I have a Canadian contact for parts or entire Nav system install kits (Everything you need including the nav system). If you would like to contact him I will simply send him an e-mail just to make sure its alright to give out his contact info. Any questions just ask.

Greg
YES, AND THANKS, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO, GOT 2010 TUNDRA WITH THE PLAIN AM/F/M/CD, I WANT THE BEST AVAILABEL WITH NAV AND GPS AND CAM. TRIED THESE JJUNK TYPE FROM CHINA AND GOT A NIGHTMARE, I DO LNOT HAVE JBL, DO NOT IVEN KNOOW WHAT IT IS, THIS BIG TRUCK REALLY NEEDS CAN, NAV AND GPS. PLEASE HELP ME TO BUY THE RIGHT THING, I HAVE BEEN SPINNING MY WHEELS AND SPENDING MONEY, AND WORST OFF THAT I WAS...THANKS AGAIN, TOM HARRIS [email protected] 7000 Ridge Rd, Columbus, ms 39705 662-327-2469 will gladly pay you for your time trouble and aggravation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just took my factory JBL nav out of my 2008 Crewmax limited and replaced it with the Alpine iLX-207. Way better option than the factory unit. factory Nav is so outdated and hard to use compared to Apple Carplay.
PM me if anyone is interested in the factory unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Greg
gbbuilders,
Hoping your still a Tundra fan.
Looking for the contact in Canada to purchase the wiring harnesses needed to install the JBL with Navigation in my 2007 tundra. It appears that this is required to make it all work correctly. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what the part number is for the audio upgrade harness? That I believe is the only part I’m missing for my install of this kit. Thank you in advance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts