Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, new to the forum... just recently bought an 04 tundra doublecab limited and love it.. I installed an aftermarket head unit today and im having trouble getting any sound. The truck comes with the factory jbl system so i picked up the harness to keep that intergrated. I hooked everything up correctly but it almost seems like the amps not getting powered up. Has anyone had similar problems and if so are there any solutions.. thanks:tu:

·
Registered
567 Posts
yeah i had that problem with the scocshe adapter, the first one i got was bad returned it and the second one had horrible noise through it. ended up just bypassing the amp and just use the head unit to power the speakers and splicing into the speaker wires in the kick panels on each side. used male / female connectors so i could put back to stock if i wanted.

Andrew

·
Registered
98 Posts
My after market HU eliminated the stock amp entirely, the speakers are now just powered by the HU itself, 2004 AC

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just installed an AVH-4200DVD (Pioneer) with a Metra TYTO-01. There is terrible noise at moderate-high volume (about 30+ on the HU). Im pretty pissed because when i had the factory head unit, those speakers sounded amazing-even better at high volume. Im not sure why this is happening...some advice would be greatly appreciated!!

2006 Tundra Double Cab- Limited.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just installed an AVH-4200DVD (Pioneer) with a Metra TYTO-01. There is terrible noise at moderate-high volume (about 30+ on the HU). Im pretty pissed because when i had the factory head unit, those speakers sounded amazing-even better at high volume. Im not sure why this is happening...some advice would be greatly appreciated!!

2006 Tundra Double Cab- Limited.
Sounds like you had about the same problem i did, i just got pissed off at it and bypassed the amp and used the headunit to power the speakers and no problems any more and happy withe sound.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
In the audio and stereo forum a lot of people just bypassed the factory amp as you guys have done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like you had about the same problem i did, i just got pissed off at it and bypassed the amp and used the headunit to power the speakers and no problems any more and happy withe sound.

Andrew
Ok so it was a super easy fix...theres a potentiometer on the TYTO-01.. I turned it clockwise and now my speakers sound better than when I had the factory head unit. This is my setup- Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD (budget but good DVD head unit), TYTO-01, JL 500.1 j2, JL stealthbox(in the center console, 10w3v3). This system SCREAMS, after adjusting the AMP gains and HU equalizer it now sounds better than my factory JBL setup. The bass is so clean (gotta love JL), the highs and mids are exactly what I was looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts