Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have a couple questions regarding a backup camera install.. any help will be greatly appreciated.

I got a 2009 tundra double cab 4.0 and I installed a kenwood dnx7120 about a year ago. My question is.. I just got a Boyo vtl425 camera and wanted to install it, what do I need and how do I install? thxs!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I am not sure about that camera. I installed a boyo vtk350 I used a single rca about 20', and some 16 or 18 gauge wire to run to the reverse wire. The reverse wires are in the passenger kick panel. You can do a search to find a pic of what wire it is. I believe it is a blue wire in the bottom harness.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The red goes to the reverse wire and the black goes to ground. I used a bolt in the rear bumper for a ground.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
you can get power by tapping the tail light under the bed. run the rca along the frame and int the back of the head

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yeah to get into the cab there is a rubber plug under the rear passenger seat. I popped it out from under the truck and cut an X in it. I pushed it up through the hole and my lifted the carpet up and pulled it through. You will have to remove the passenger rear seat, at least in a crewmax.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On my DC there is a plastic plug between the front and rear seats on both the passenger and driver side. I did not need to remove the seat to get to it. Just popped off the rear door sill cover and pulled up the carpet enough to find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts