Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing Blueconnect
Has anyone installed blueconnect into their vehicle themselves? I watched the video, looks relatively doable. Only issue is taping into the overhead compartment to find the batt+ wire for constant power, accessories+ wire, and the ground wire-. I plan to t-tap into these wires to complete the process and would just like a little info on the difficulty aspect. Thanks. Anyone interested in looking at video and offering feedback click the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEBnhw_LHs

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm thinking about it... but not ready to commit. I'm installing a USA Spec IPOD interface first.

The process is pretty simple. I've installed a hardwire for my radar detector through the overhead... here's a link for instructions:

Free Download

The procedure would be very similar. All you have to do is tap into black wire (pin 10 of DN1 connector for sunroof ECU) for constant battery connection. See schematic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. The USA Spec is great because it is a simple plug and play. I installed a 12 disc cd changer and it was really easy! In any event, I finally installed the blueconnect and it works great! It is a simple process. I bypassed their instructions regarding how to wire and wired it as if I was wiring an alarm, same proces. Cutting the hole in the overhead compartment was relatively easy (only warning, stay within the line and file away as necessary.) The wiring was the most difficult part, having to pull the a pillar down and run the wire to the the fuse box and t-tap into the power, auxillary and ground wires. I think anyone with limited skills can do this. Don't pay Al and Ed's price of $250 for instillation. They are rip off artists. Also, buy the system online as it is much cheaper than their prices. I paid $170 on ebay and I have seen prices range from $219 to $289 online and up to $375 from dealers and audio shops. Anyone interested, I think you should check it out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Question... what about the original design of the sunglass holder to open when you press it? Does the sunglass holder still try to open when press the newly installed bluetoothe interface buttons?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when using the unit itself and pressing the buttons on th unit, the sunglass kit does not open because of its positioning, more towards the wind shield than the area to press to release sunglass compartment. Finally, yes the sunglass holder will still operate and flip down when pressed correctly. However, pressing buttons on the unit and pressing the sunglass compartment to flip down are in different locations and it is very difficult to use the unit and have the whole sunglass compartment flip down. If you have a 2006 model avy, make sure your unit has been tested to fit in the overhead compartment because of positioning of mechanism (whells) that allows sunglass kit to flip down and up. On my wifes camry they are positioned differently and her uint would not fit in my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question about blueconnect... Does the sound come form the car radio or does it come from the blue connect? I am also looking at the parrot which I think comes over the car stereo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts