Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 02 Tundra when I installed Frost King 1/2 Caulk backing rod the dash rattle stopped. 2 weeks later the rattles came back and the foam is rectular shaped compressed. When u guys install it do you guys try to shove it so it is under the dash where you cannot see it. I installed it so it is visible between dash and windshield. Should I try one size bigger which I think is 5/8 of an inch???

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did this a few times and after a week or so, the rattles would come back. This happened no matter how deep I placed the backing rod. I finally gave up and folded a black sock neatly and wedged it in there. My trusty sock has been going strong for about a year now with no rattles! The sock was of course washed before I put it in there. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
The backing rod will always probably take shape. Maybe use your defrost on warm to help make it seat better?

Otherwise...

TURN IT UP! :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
i've had the same problem as you, about a week later, the sounds are now back with the backing rod fully compressed. seems like the next idea is just to put a sock in there or towel or some sort of thing like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts