Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a NON-JBL Grade level Tundra that I have installed OEM Steering wheel controls and an aftermarket Pioneer HU.

I purchased the PAC-SWI steering wheel interface but am completely frustrated with how to install it.

My only source for info is this site and everything comes up about taping into a K3 connector. Well the pins on K3 for my truck are MISSING!. SO the next thing would be to bring the 3 wires over from a connector called JK1. Well here again. JK1 is not in my TRUCK!. I have the flippin dash torn apart and every picture of JK1 is NOT FOUND in my truck.

I guess I'm just venting because I really don't expect that many of you to be able to help. Your truck already came with steering wheel controls, you took it to an installer or you had no trouble finding all the connectors and wires to tap into.

Sucks I was really looking forward to getting this connected up

Man!:dry3d:

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Hey B - following up with our earlier conversation... Is there a harness coming out of the steering wheel? If so, what wires are going to it? I'm wondering if you can skip that "phantom" connector and direct-wire it to some other sources, assuming we can figure out which pins go to which.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey B - following up with our earlier conversation... Is there a harness coming out of the steering wheel? If so, what wires are going to it? I'm wondering if you can skip that "phantom" connector and direct-wire it to some other sources, assuming we can figure out which pins go to which.

I was thinking the same thing. Im a little unsure as to what all wires cross paths and end up being the signal wire I need.

THe audio buttons on the steering wheel have a Red brown Gray and White that plug into the Steering Wheel harness. Which wire the Pac would use to communicate with all those buttons is beyond me.

I purchased a TIS Account so I could look at the diagrams but unfortunately it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Not really good with wiring diagrams and schematics.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, there are a LOT of wires coming out of the Steering Wheel Harness.

Again its' heads or tails on which wire goes to what.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dysan911,

Sorry this is off topic, but didn't you own a 2007 Tundra previously? I remember your posts concerning bed bounce, etc in the past. Do you find the 2010 ride to feel different?

mlinder

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dysan911,

Sorry this is off topic, but didn't you own a 2007 Tundra previously? I remember your posts concerning bed bounce, etc in the past. Do you find the 2010 ride to feel different?

mlinder
I PM'd ya but nah the 10's ride about the same. The same exact frame, etc from what I can tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts