Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting on the shipment of the above mentioned componet set. This will be installed in the front doors and I have some Fosgate power series coaxials in the rear access doors. Each channel will be running on 75w from an Eclipse 4 channel amp (EA4000). The db 6 1/2's should fit right in the factory front door locations without much hassle. However, I'm not sure exactly where to place the tweeters in the door (want to make sure there's adequate depth). As well, I'm not sure where or how inside the door I should place the crossover units.

It would also be appreciated if anyone had a great idea of where to install the amplifier since we're dealing with very limited room. Thanks in advance for any help with similar installs!

·
Registered
819 Posts
You will love the DB6501's I got those in the fronts in my 08 crewmax. I put the tweeters next to the speaker on the MDF adaptor I made. I put them there cause I did not want the highs too loud in my ears. The dash speakers cover the highs enough. The crossover was mounted on the door at the top right, you might have space there too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds pretty good. Especially with the strategically placed tweeters. I would think though that my older body style A/C model will have less room within the door. Also, I have no idea where I can fit a 13" by 8" amp...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Put the amp behind the rear seats or under the front seats.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never removed the rear seatbacks. But from what it appears, there isn't any room behind them like there is in the Tacoma. That would mean putting it under the seat which I've never liked doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can put the tweets in the a pillar near the side mirrors and adjust till its on axis, and the amp should fit under the driver/passenger side front seat.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
My 2001 AC has the factory tweeters in the door. I put my Polk tweeters there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts