Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 double cab. I installed the overhead console with temperature, compass, and homelink. After seeing all the posts asking for information on how to do this I have attached the instructions to help you in installing the overhead console, wiring harness, and temperature sensor. Please read through the entire instructions before you attempt this. If you have any questions please email me and I will do my best to help you. I will also be posting the part numbers and instructions for the Keyless Entry Upgrade Security System for the 2004-2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Instructions For Installing Overhead Console with Homelink, Temperature, and Compass

:tu: Thanks for the information yodapug! I have been thinking of adding the overhead console to my truck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
yoda --

can you explain why you are removing parts from the passenger side of the vehicle and parts behind the driver (ie seat belt and back seat handles)? My experience has been that I can access the drivers side junction box by removing the lower dash, and can sufficiently access the wiring by removing the combination meter and driver side pillar garnish. Does the wiring harness OC480 come with more than 1M, IC5, and O8, or are you removing those other parts so you can better access behind the headliner?

Thanks for the effort!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yoda - Great info! We've been trying to get this to work for a while now, but just can't seem to get the right wiring harness. I see that 0C480 worked for you, but I have a couple of questions.
Did the console you bought from Ebay come off a Tundra or Sequoia, and do you think it makes a difference?
I have an '04 Tundra DC and I bought the console from a Sequoia. I'm hoping that the 0C480 roof wire will work for me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Instructions For Installing Overhead Console with Homelink, Temperature, and Compass

After researching the consoles some of the Sequoia ones are the same as the Tundra's but I am not sure what years. I believe the 04-06 Tundra's are the same. The one I bought was from a 2006 Tundra double cab off of Ebay. It was brand new when I got it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The new wiring harness will replace your old one. It has plugs for the left and right lighted vanity mirrors, the NEW overhead console, the back dome light, and the auto dimming rear view mirror. If you don't use all of these plugs there are places built in to tuck them in. When you remove the old wiring harness the new one will fit exactly the same. The clips are in the same place. Any other questions please let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can confirm that this method works. I purchased my console off of ebay from an 06 tundra, and bought the 0C480 harness and thermister from my dealer. Installed it as described and it works! Total cost: console $125, thermister $20, harness $57....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can confirm that this method works. I purchased my console off of ebay from an 06 tundra, and bought the 0C480 harness and thermister from my dealer. Installed it as described and it works! Total cost: console $125, thermister $20, harness $57....
I have been trying to order part # 82171-0C480 which is the wiring harness needed for the overhead console from my local toyota dealer in Richmond, VA for over a month and they say it is on national backorder..

Does anyone know of a toyota dealer I can purchase this wiring harness from?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Alright, I know im bumping this ancient thread. But does the 04-06 limited come with everything pre-wired to plug this console in? I read your install instructions and it looks like you installed it into an SR5, hence the different wiring harness. Would it just be buy the console, take out old one, plug in new one? im in an 2004 DC limited w/ moonroof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue as pglover19. The zip files seem to be corrupted. Could someone send me these files as well. I can send you my email address. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I just did this conversion today. Everything seemed to OK, but I ran into a problem with my rear dome light. The existing dome light has a three pin connector on it, the the new connector (part of the 02171-0c480 wiring harness) has a four pin connector, and they are not the same size. I will try to get the color of the wires tomorrow and post them.

Do I need to get a new dome light, or can I get away with spicing it together? If I do have to buy a new one, how can I tell if its 3 or 4 pin?

thanks,

Jim
04 Tundra Dc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I won a compass/homelink for my 2006 DC off of ebay, were can I find the plug to go from the new harness (82171-0c480) to the compass/homelink itself? Thanks,Jon

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I won a compass/homelink for my 2006 DC off of ebay, were can I find the plug to go from the new harness (82171-0c480) to the compass/homelink itself? Thanks,Jon

I bought mine from a online Toyota dealer.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Do you have the part # ? I cannot find it. Thanks Jon

You have the correct part number, which is 82171-0C480.

Click on this link: Toyota Parts Cheap.com

And enter the part number: 82171-0C480, its $55.74 + whatever shipping cost they tack on.

Hope that helps. :tu:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have that harness already, I need the one that plugs into the compass itself and then to the new harness. It might come with the meter or the overhead console. There is not one on the new harness that plugs into the compass. Thanks, Jon

1 - 20 of 33 Posts