Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have that harness already, I need the one that plugs into the compass itself and then to the new harness. It might come with the meter or the overhead console. There is not one on the new harness that plugs into the compass. Thanks, Jon

All I know is I bought that part from that website and I had to replace my old harness with that one. They dont make a harness that plugs into your old harness and into the overhead console.

You either have the overheard console harness w/ the plug that plugs into the console or you dont, if you dont you need to buy the entire console harness. At least thats my understanding......

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess I don't have the right console harness the only plugs I have are the ones going to the map lights, my new harness (82171-0c480) plugs into my existing overhead console but there is noting to connect to the compass.
I see now, I need the entire assembly, all I bought is the homelink/compass itself without the console. Can I buy just the console harness? Thanks Jon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and am hoping to get some advice from the seasoned members. I'll create a proper introductory thread later. I have an 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited and I purchased the fabled overhead display with Homelink, compass and temp readout. After doing plenty of "searching" and trying to read up, I purchased the 0C480 wiring harness (thinking I would need it) and ambient temp thermister from my local Toyota Stealership. I get the compass readout, it appears the homelink buttons work but I am not getting a temp readout. I know the IC5 plug is plugged in behind the instrument cluster and the ambient temp thermister is plugged in as well. Can anyone provide some insight as to where the issue might be? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yodapug in april 2006 you attached files on how to install overhead console.The compressed zipped files have become invalid or corrupted,could you resend the files please

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am too newto the site and i have 04 dc and i already have the over console but no display i was wondering if i would still have to buy the new harness or would mine already have the correct wiring in it and it would make it a plug n play sorta thing

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just tried them and they work . You might have to install win zip or something like it to open the files.

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there another way of doing this? maybe just splicing up the wires from the 3 cables just to get the ground and power? my connector from the overhead console has 3 wires (3 pins used on the corners) out of 13...does this seem correct? all I want is the homelink/autodim mirror...can I just get an autodim/homelink rear view mirror from any Toyota?

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those that still come across this thread and having difficulty with zip files, the attached PDF is all of the zip files from @yodapug first post, which are simply pictures(jpg files). I attached all the pictures sequentially to a word document then saved it as a PDF.
Thanks for putting this together @yodapug !

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
All I know is I bought that part from that website and I had to replace my old harness with that one. They dont make a harness that plugs into your old harness and into the overhead console.

You either have the overheard console harness w/ the plug that plugs into the console or you dont, if you dont you need to buy the entire console harness. At least thats my understanding......
So my question is do the 2005 Tundra's DC SR5 come pre-wired for the electronic console upgrade ? If your current console is just interior lights and glasses, no electric meter in console, which has only 3 wires connecting to it, green, black, and white. I already have the electric console and it has about 8 or so wires. What is this harness everyone is talking about (82171-0C480) ? Will this fit a 2005 Tundra SR5 DC ? If you buy this harness where does it plug into in order to pug it into your console ? Is there another plug-in some where else above my headliner ? Really don't want to rip out my headliner to find out either ! I need alot of help !

·
Registered
39 Posts
i am too newto the site and i have 04 dc and i already have the over console but no display i was wondering if i would still have to buy the new harness or would mine already have the correct wiring in it and it would make it a plug n play sorta thing
Did you find anything out ? Looking to do the same !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and am hoping to get some advice from the seasoned members. I'll create a proper introductory thread later. I have an 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited and I purchased the fabled overhead display with Homelink, compass and temp readout. After doing plenty of "searching" and trying to read up, I purchased the 0C480 wiring harness (thinking I would need it) and ambient temp thermister from my local Toyota Stealership. I get the compass readout, it appears the homelink buttons work but I am not getting a temp readout. I know the IC5 plug is plugged in behind the instrument cluster and the ambient temp thermister is plugged in as well. Can anyone provide some insight as to where the issue might be? Any help would be appreciated.
Hello, I'm new to the forum also, have the same problem. I have a 2005 Tundra Double Cab SR5, bought a over head console ( compass and temp. readout, # 63650A/83290D ) from a parts outlet in Sac., Ca,. This is the console my VIN# says will fit, not sure how it all goes together but will need to buy a new harness ( #82171-0C480 ) to fit the console. My wiring has only 3 wires. Will also need a ambient temp thermister ( #88790-22131 ? ), can get that from Lodi Toyota. Where exactly is do these plug in behind the instrument panel and where is this IC5 plug ? Any help, thanks.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts