Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did some searching but came up with nothing. I'm not a big fan of the cover over the inst cluster and I'm looking at my options. I've seen the pics of paint jobs and carbon fibre, not sure if I want that.

Has anybody seen a replacement cover, I'm thinking something that does not have the deep tubes for each instrument, more of an "all in one opening" cluster like on other vehicles. From the pics I've seen I think an aftermarket one that leaves most of the face open, maybe with just a thin bezel that outlines each instrument to cover up the edges under the clear plastic.

·
Banned
444 Posts
HAHA...Thats all I have to say a bout that link.....

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Ok, I did some searching but came up with nothing. I'm not a big fan of the cover over the inst cluster and I'm looking at my options. I've seen the pics of paint jobs and carbon fibre, not sure if I want that.

Has anybody seen a replacement cover, I'm thinking something that does not have the deep tubes for each instrument, more of an "all in one opening" cluster like on other vehicles. From the pics I've seen I think an aftermarket one that leaves most of the face open, maybe with just a thin bezel that outlines each instrument to cover up the edges under the clear plastic.
Sorry my posts weren't informative, but I had to bring that up...;)

Epic Fail isn't Cater? lol

·
Banned
444 Posts
Epic Fail is not the correct term. More like monstrous **** up.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Back when the Gen 2 Tundras first started showing up, there was a guy from Quebec with a base stripped down 2007 RCLB work truck that had the Gen 1 style all-in-one gauge pod. We never did get the story behind it but I would also truly love to get rid of those pipes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
that "DIY Guage Cluster Mod" still cracks me up...wooooooooow

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still in shock from those pics!!!

Granted, if someone did a pro job on the panel so that it was formed and fit tight to the cluster instead of being hacked off like that one I'd like the look, with all the instruments shown in one window.

·
Registered
375 Posts
wow... did you guys see all the deleted post! haha i wonder what some guys said about that.

I like the idea but i also like the fact that i can paint the tunnels like some have. but a nice clear view would be nice too. he cut the hole way to big but he can fix it if he fills in the gaps and maybe adds some accent led lights behind it. some nice fiber glass work would be sick!!

this reminds me that i still need to paint my dash... im just too lazy

·
Registered
375 Posts
Really...!? The base model work tundra has a black dash? Shoot I need to go find someone to trade me haha.
I know what ur thinkin gutz, "this guy and his trades...." lol. It's always worth a shot =]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts