Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what is going on with this cluster... Has anyone else seen this happen?

At roughly 14K on the odometer, my speedometer lights are OUT. I know there soldiered on in series, so I assume that the first LED is shorting out.

Anyway, I know I could fix this myself, but I am not really feeling it. I've done enough research to know that when they warranty this item, they'll need to keep my truck since the mileage can't be dealer programmed and they need to order with the correct mileage already on the cluster.

I have good friends at the dealer. I was thinking that I may be able to have them deduct the warranty cost off an Optitron cluster and pay the difference. I doubt they'll be able to, but it's worth a shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
they wont be able to deduct cost etc obviously....

but they will send yours out for repair most likely. otherwise they have to put in another one and they have to put a sticker on the truck saying odometer was replaced at XXX miles...thats what GM dealers always did back when i was working there and god knows GM dealers had their fair share of crappy cluster problems.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts