Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an aftermaket intake from a 01 fit a 04? I was reading a old issue of Truckin and they did a project vehical using a 01 sequoia. The dyno tested a AEM brute force claiming they picked up 15 hp!!! How true that is who really knows.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, it might be possible to get those numbers... but it could have also been at sea level with cool conditions?? You will lose some low end torque, but the higher RPM is where you might notice a difference. You will notice more difference if you combine it with exhaust/headers/uni-chip. Otherwise it may not be worth it. When I looked at them, I liked the Volant intake better but I ended up getting a Gen II K&N for dirt cheap...but I'm running a pre-filter to help keep the dirt to a minimum. I like the throttle response better, but don't buy it expecting a huge difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i put the aem intake on my wifes 04 and it made a noticeable difference. i would definately recomend. I makes the v8 sound like a race car at full throttle. she is not thrilled with the added noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts