Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about the intake runners:

1. Are the intake manifold assemblies interchangeable between the 2004 4.7 and the 2005/2006 4.7?
  2. Is there a gasket between the very top section of the intake manifold assembly and the lower portion? http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/04-06-Tundra/techinfo.toyota.com/ileaf/06toyrm/06toypdf/06rmsrc/06tundra/em2uzfe/cylhea/comp.pdf (Scroll down to page EM-33)
Thinking about a new approach to an old idea but want to know these things before tearing the top off my engine.

Many thanks ahead of time.

·
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump Bump?

·
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, the intakes may or may not be interchangeable. There is actually a gasket. The gasket goes between the upper and lower intake manifolds. The part # is 17116-50010 and goes for around $25. Making some progress here.

Hey thanks Highwaylizard.

Hey no problem Highwaylizard - glad to be of help.

EDIT: Highway - you can get that gasket cheaper online. Just type in the part number on Google and you will get several hits.

·
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More about intake runners. Hmmmmm. Maybe I should tinker with this after the electric fans, new exhaust, headers, new wheels, ram air cooling scoop for the throttle body, intake tube, and runners. .. and ... and . . ... . . and

http://www.amsperformance.com/pdfs/intakemani.pdf

Tech Page

·
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Highway,

Just what in the world are you working on? I know you are up to something when you start asking questions. Whatever it is can I have one when you are finished?

·
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, the intakes may or may not be interchangeable. There is no gasket but rather a groove that goes around the perimeter of the intake manifold and this groove is filled by a rubber ring or is filled by Toyota spec gasket sealer. Making some progress here.

Hey thanks Highwaylizard.

Hey no problem Highwaylizard - glad to be of help.
Hey Highway,

I just stopped by the dealership and had them look it up on the computer. It is actually a gasket. The gasket goes between the upper and lower intake manifolds. The part # is 17116-50010 and goes for around $25.

Just so you know, Toyota classifies plenum as the "upper intake manifold" and the legs to the heads as the "lower intake manifold."

Good luck with whatever you are working on there.

Hey - here is another diagram that may help you. http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/components/1997-lexus-sc400~manifold-17-01-4417~2.html

·
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Highway,

Just what in the world are you working on? I know you are up to something when you start asking questions.
I am working on a new twist of an old idea and that is all I am really able to share at this point. It may be that I am just wasting time but I like tinkering.

Whatever it is can I have one when you are finished?
Yeah sure - why not? I am guessing that you want one provided that it actually works and does not blow up my motor?

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,537 Posts
...that is all I am really able to share at this point. It may be that I am just wasting time but I like tinkering...
I think you're sharing a LOT more than you realize, i.e. like the fact that you have conversations between you and.... YOURSELF!

Tobester, my friend, you're starting to worry me. :eek:

·
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you're sharing a LOT more than you realize, i.e. like the fact that you have conversations between you and.... YOURSELF!

Tobester, my friend, you're starting to worry me. :eek:
SSSSHHHHHHHH! It is dangerous to wake a sleeptalker.

Highway - I don't think we're the only ones in here . . . . . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts