Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you would like this...

1. So, my check engine light was coming off and on a bit....took it to the dealer and they noted that the code was for the MAF Sensor but nothing was wrong with it. I did not get the actual number of the code. They reset it and said to keep an eye on it.

2. I live in Atlanta and noticed a direct correlation with heat/humidity and the light going on/off.

3. I have a K&N and it was been on for a year so I knew that was not the issue. I did take it out and clean it appropriately.

4. I thought it may be related to the gas cap so I replaced it. No dice. I sometimes thought there was a correlating with ensuring the gas cap was tight but I guess not.

So, the weather is now a bit cooler and less humid...no light....guess it will be off untill next summer. K&N notes the only defects they have seen is with the silicone in the manufacturing of the part...very interesting...

Any ideas?

r

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Thought you would like this...

1. So, my check engine light was coming off and on a bit....took it to the dealer and they noted that the code was for the MAF Sensor but nothing was wrong with it. I did not get the actual number of the code. They reset it and said to keep an eye on it.

2. I live in Atlanta and noticed a direct correlation with heat/humidity and the light going on/off.

3. I have a K&N and it was been on for a year so I knew that was not the issue. I did take it out and clean it appropriately.

4. I thought it may be related to the gas cap so I replaced it. No dice. I sometimes thought there was a correlating with ensuring the gas cap was tight but I guess not.

So, the weather is now a bit cooler and less humid...no light....guess it will be off untill next summer. K&N notes the only defects they have seen is with the silicone in the manufacturing of the part...very interesting...

Any ideas?

r
So is it a K&N drop in or is it the CAI, I recall a thread a few days ago about a redesign tube for the K&N CAI system that moved the MAF sensor back on the tube. So not sure if that help your problem or not but if you look around you should be able to find that thread and more details of maybe just calling K&N and getting a replacement tube sent to you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the same problem...I just posted a thread and pictures about the new designed tube from K&N. Check it out. It has eliminated my CEL completely. If you call them they will ask for the sku # or the #'s off the tube you have, send you a new one with return label. It completely changes where the MAF sensor is. The thread is "New Intake Tube from K&N". Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts