Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '03 Tundra light went out on the vent dial of the HVAC. Has anyone ever done a change of the green light bulb before? I did several keyword searches but came up empty handed. :cool:
Basically is it hard to do as far as getting the black plate off and reinstalling it back? What kind of bulb would i need and where can i find a replacement etc...
I thought about taking it to the dealer but if its a do-it yourself type of job thats simple then i'd opt to do it myself.

thanks for any advice fellas

-steve

·
Registered
459 Posts
I can not remember how I got the bulbs out, because one of mine burnt out. I beleive you pull the knob straight out and the bulb is right there. The only place you can get the green light bulb is Toyota. I searched Discount Auto, AutoZone, and PepBoys. They have clear and painted yellow. The bulb is clear with a green plastic cover on it...like a condom. My dealer charged me $4 PER BULB.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
My '03 Tundra light went out on the vent dial of the HVAC. Has anyone ever done a change of the green light bulb before? I did several keyword searches but came up empty handed. :cool:
Basically is it hard to do as far as getting the black plate off and reinstalling it back? What kind of bulb would i need and where can i find a replacement etc...
I thought about taking it to the dealer but if its a do-it yourself type of job thats simple then i'd opt to do it myself.

thanks for any advice fellas

-steve
Hey man.

It is not hard. Do a search, there is a diagram around that explains how to do it. Took me about a 1 hour. The bulbs are clear with a green covering. There are some screws in the middles vents that need to be removed, it thing the three hvac knobs need to come of and something else. It is not that hard. It really does suck that the HVAC lights are out. Pissed me off when that happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts