Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding how the interior (dome/map) lights operate on a 2005 Tundra DC 4x4 SR5. I know the following:

• When I unlock the doors with my key fob, the interior lights will turn on for ## seconds.
  • When I lock the doors with my key fob, the interior lights will turn off.
  • When I open any of the doors, the interior lights will turn on and remain on until:
    • all doors are closed; then they will remain on for ## seconds.
    • all doors are closed and the ignition is turned on they will turn off immediately.
My question (and one thing which I find annoying with this truck) is that when I turn the ignition off and remove the key, the interior lights do not turn on; is this something which happens on all? Or is there something not working properly?

Does anyone else's interior lights come on in either of the following scenarios:

• ignition is turned off and interior lights turn on without key being removed.
  • ignition is turned off and interior lights remain off until the key is removed from the ignition; once the key is removed the lights turn on.
I'm wondering this because in my 2009 Corolla, the interior lights will turn on as soon as the ignition is turned off. They will remain on for ## seconds and then will turn off. They will then turn on again when the key is removed from the ignition and remain on for ## seconds. I find this handy as in the night time it allows me to see inside the car and gather together any items I have without having to open the door (which is not ideal especially during the winter in snowstorms).

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I have searched and the search has returned nothing on this topic.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
104 Posts
My 2011 Rav4 does what your Rolla does, however, my 05 Tundra acts just like yours does.
Not saying it's normal, just saying mine does what yours does.

Tye

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2011 Rav4 does what your Rolla does, however, my 05 Tundra acts just like yours does.
Not saying it's normal, just saying mine does what yours does.

Tye
Thanks for the reply Tye. I was hoping it would be the other way around though because I'd like the lights to come on as soon as the ignition is turned off, or even when the key is removed from the ignition...oh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts