Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
My 2006 4.7 Tundra with 101K miles that suddenly began exhibiting a strange intermittent problem.
The truck is typically parked at a slight incline, engine upward, in my driveway. The angle issue may be just a coincidence but I’m beginning to get superstitious. When I attempt a cold-start at that upward angle it almost always hesitates and misfires like crazy, generating lots of the following codes.
P0301 Cyl 1 Misfire Detected
P0302 Cyl 2 Misfire Detected
P0303 Cyl 3 Misfire Detected
and so on… ALL cylinders are misfiring
P0354 Ignition Coil D Primary Secondary Circuit
P0357 Ignition Coil G Primary/Secondary Circuit
P0300 Multiple Random Misfire
This will happen through several start attempts, and then suddenly it will “catch”. Once it starts, it runs smooth as a baby’s behind. The problem disappears and the engine runs with no misfires. I can drive it 20 miles without incident and can turn it off. I go to start it again an hour later and there’s a 90% chance the problem will recur.
We replaced all 8 plugs, cleaned the dirty throttle body. We replaced the crankcase sensor (on a hunch), and the problem went away for about 3 days but now it’s back. I’ve refueled with fresh gas twice now and added both Techron and Seafoam fuel treatments.
Does anyone have any other ideas on what to check next?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Check for possible leaking injectors which could leak down over time and cause an overly rich condition at start-up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks,
My 2006 4.7 Tundra with 101K miles that suddenly began exhibiting a strange intermittent problem.
The truck is typically parked at a slight incline, engine upward, in my driveway. The angle issue may be just a coincidence but I’m beginning to get superstitious. When I attempt a cold-start at that upward angle it almost always hesitates and misfires like crazy, generating lots of the following codes.
P0301 Cyl 1 Misfire Detected
P0302 Cyl 2 Misfire Detected
P0303 Cyl 3 Misfire Detected
and so on… ALL cylinders are misfiring
P0354 Ignition Coil D Primary Secondary Circuit
P0357 Ignition Coil G Primary/Secondary Circuit
P0300 Multiple Random Misfire
This will happen through several start attempts, and then suddenly it will “catch”. Once it starts, it runs smooth as a baby’s behind. The problem disappears and the engine runs with no misfires. I can drive it 20 miles without incident and can turn it off. I go to start it again an hour later and there’s a 90% chance the problem will recur.
We replaced all 8 plugs, cleaned the dirty throttle body. We replaced the crankcase sensor (on a hunch), and the problem went away for about 3 days but now it’s back. I’ve refueled with fresh gas twice now and added both Techron and Seafoam fuel treatments.
Does anyone have any other ideas on what to check next?
Did you find out what was wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES. The mechanic found two wires that lead into the crancase sensor were touching each other, possibly shorting out. He isolated the two wires, and, "knock on wood", it has been running without issues ever since, About 8 weeks now with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts