Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a 98 Tacoma.

The left turn signal always works. The hazards always work.

The right turn signal would work sometimes and not others. The right turn signal would make a fast blinking sound when the lights didn't work. If the turn signal switch is engaged slowly and gently the right turn signal would blink and the flasher sound was of a normal pace.

I replaced the flasher and this didn't resolve the issue.

Truck has over 200,000 miles
What are the chances of it being the turn signal switch?
Bulb socket making bad contact?

If it was a contact issue in the bulb socket wouldn't the hazard lights for the right side have the same symptoms of only working sometimes (intermittently)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you tried the bulb? i know it sounds silly, but i had an intermittent turn signal problem with my '96 Tacoma. Most times it would blink just fine, but every now and then it wouldn't and even my dash indicator would dim like the whole circuit was being drawn down. I cleaned the front and rear socket to make sure it wasn't corrosion, checked continuity through the bulb, visually inspected the bulb and greased and reassembled everything. Problem persisted. Decided to put a new bulb and the problem completely went away.

Not likely that is your problem, but it's a cheap, easy thing to eliminate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same / Or similar issue here on a 2013 Sequoia...Hazards always work, Front Right Turn Signal has been intermittent. Have checked bulbs they look fine.

Did you find a solution?

This is for a 98 Tacoma.

The left turn signal always works. The hazards always work.

The right turn signal would work sometimes and not others. The right turn signal would make a fast blinking sound when the lights didn't work. If the turn signal switch is engaged slowly and gently the right turn signal would blink and the flasher sound was of a normal pace.

I replaced the flasher and this didn't resolve the issue.

Truck has over 200,000 miles
What are the chances of it being the turn signal switch?
Bulb socket making bad contact?

If it was a contact issue in the bulb socket wouldn't the hazard lights for the right side have the same symptoms of only working sometimes (intermittently)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts