Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having issues with the horn working intermittently? I would say that half the time I hit the horn that the Stebel actually goes off, while the lone factory one goes off. I put all new connections on it this weekend and heat-shrink wrapped them and it is still not working all the time?
Sorry for the double post, figured this would get a better response than the larger thread.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Is anyone else having issues with the horn working intermittently? I would say that half the time I hit the horn that the Stebel actually goes off, while the lone factory one goes off. I put all new connections on it this weekend and heat-shrink wrapped them and it is still not working all the time?
Sorry for the double post, figured this would get a better response than the larger thread.

I've had 2 Stebel horns on mine with the factory set, and haven't had any problems for almost a year now. I ran a relay for each Stebel horn.

Its odd to have one work and not the other, assuming you still have both stock horns on there. The relays they sent with the horns are not the best quality in my opinion though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
its possible that you have a bad relay.

put a test light on it, and get someone to hit the horn, to see if the relay actually works... sounds like an intermittant mechanical relay, or dirty or black contacts inside.

if you get good contact closure and the horn isnt firing, and you can see it getting power, then you have a bad horn.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine died after a couple of years. Wasn't the relay (connected directly to battery to test); the compressor locked up. I sprayed some WD-40 into the intake port and it started working again.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I am going to put a direct lead to it this weekend to test the horn itself (my neighbors are going to love me, but they have barking dogs, so screw them). Probably rewrite with heavier wire and a new relay. Thanks for the WD-40 idea mhejl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts