Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2000 Tundra Access Cab 4WD.

I'm coming from a 2002 4unner (and many Toyota's before that), so a lot of the running gear and switch gear on the Tundra is familiar to me. I used this forum extensively during my search. I'm really looking forward to getting to know this truck, and this forum will certainly be a big part of that.

When I was searching for a Gen-1, I noticed a few on Craigslist that had a 4WD lever on the floor. Mine has the push-button on the dash. Was the floor shifter an option at one point, or was it modded?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Hi all.

I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2000 Tundra Access Cab 4WD.

I'm coming from a 2002 4unner (and many Toyota's before that), so a lot of the running gear and switch gear on the Tundra is familiar to me. I used this form extensively during my search. I'm really looking forward to getting to know this truck, and this forum will certainly be a big part of that.

When I was searching for a Gen-1, I noticed a few on Craigslist that had a 4WD lever on the floor. Mine has the push-button on the dash. Was the floor shifter an option at one point, or was it modded?

Thanks in advance.
Manual t-cases for the tundra were only available in the v6 models. All v8 4WD models used the ADD trasnfer case (VF2BM).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manual t-cases for the tundra were only available in the v6 models. All v8 4WD models used the ADD trasnfer case (VF2BM).
Hi Mike.

Thanks for the info.

Another question if I may. I'm considering parting out my '02 4Runner which has the Multi-mode 4WD transfer case. I really came to like the AWD function with the center diff unlocked -- and suspect I'll miss it in the Tundra. (I would use AWD a lot when there was ice on the side streets but the main roads were clear.) Do you know if the transfer case from an '02 4Runner could be swapped into the Tundra? (obviously it would require cutting hole in the floor for the shifter)

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Hi Mike.

Thanks for the info.

Another question if I may. I'm considering parting out my '02 4Runner which has the Multi-mode 4WD transfer case. I really came to like the AWD function with the center diff unlocked -- and suspect I'll miss it in the Tundra. (I would use AWD a lot when there was ice on the side streets but the main roads were clear.) Do you know if the transfer case from an '02 4Runner could be swapped into the Tundra? (obviously it would require cutting hole in the floor for the shifter)
With a manual tcase, you'll still have the option to be in 2WD or shift to 4HI on the fly. 4LO you'll need to be stopped and in neutral. As for swapping it into the tundra, I'd have to research some more and get back to you on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts