Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda new here so pardon me if this has already been discussed.

I purchased a 2010 Tundra with the stock radio head unit (w/ bluetooth & USB) and I'm having some questions that my dealer can't answer.

With the stock head unit I can pair my iPhone 3GS, and the phone works fine. It also works fine for bluetooth audio (for music). But when I connect the USB cable and disable bluetooth audio, I'm able to control the iPhone from the Tundra's head unit, but it's PAINFULLY slow browsing for a playlist, or songs, or anything really.

·
Registered
379 Posts
yes, it is. That's what you get for not upgrading to the iPhone4 or the iPhone5 or the iPhone6... at least that's what Apple will tell you!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I didn't see an ACTUAL question... I thought you were simply making a statement that it was slow. I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it, but Steve would tell you you're holding it wrong because it can't be a product flaw... Are you trying to find the secret combination that makes it not slow when controlled by the head unit?

·
Registered
98 Posts
In the aftermarket head unit world, a big selling feature is the speed at which one can scroll thru ipod libraries. So my guess is that the toyota HU is just slow at this function.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that there might be a way to correct the slowness issue either with a software update, or ?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I have the same phone, same radio. I had a problem with mine when using the usb to operate the phone in ipod mode to listen to music. It would work fine for a while and after 30-40 minutes error 5 would pop up and would not work. Unplug phone reset and it would work for a while and then same thing. I still use it everyonce in a while, but it still does the same thing..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya. I took my old iPod nano 16gb, and put it in there, works fine. Still annoyed that I paid 30K for a truck that can't do something my old car could do fine.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You should be more annoyed that your Apple products can't maintain consistency across their interfaces... how could Toyota have known that the 3GS was going to be different than your Nano when they designed that radio 6 years ago? Or when they updated the interface 2 yrs ago? You try planning a hardware interface for a product that is going to change specs 3 times before you make it to market with your product and see how well it keeps up. In the aftermarket, you can change more quickly to keep current with the trends because you make and sell... when you are a supplier for a manufacturer, you plan and order and put contracts into place years in advance...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,,, sounds like something systemic with the IPhones to the Toyota system. I have paired many Blackberries via bluetooth to my 2008 Crewcab full Navi.. The Blackberries would download the phonebook as well. I was able to get my IPhone 4 paired, but I cannot download my Iphone contacts to the Toyota Phone Book library. Once I enable the download, bluetooth is disabled on my iPhone. If I cancel the download, bluetooth is then reenabled... I am looking for a fix to this one. I have just used my aux port for tunes on my iPhone.. I will look into the bluetooth option, though I have not seen it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts