Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cable to hook up the Ipod. I would assume I need a cable to go from the earphone jack on the Ipod to the dash of the Tundra. I had a generic one in the house but I only hear music on the left speakers. Anyone know where to get the correct cable?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Radio Shack, Walmart, Target, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Bestbuy, Circuit City, Fry's Electronic, Tweeter, Olive Garden.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I need a cable to hook up the Ipod. I would assume I need a cable to go from the earphone jack on the Ipod to the dash of the Tundra. I had a generic one in the house but I only hear music on the left speakers. Anyone know where to get the correct cable?
I bought one from my dealer with a retractable cord--works for all MP3 players--I have a Gigabeat. Cost $12.95 though.

mjg

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radio Shack, Walmart, Target, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Bestbuy, Circuit City, Fry's Electronic, Tweeter, Olive Garden.
I am glad Olive Garden has them. I can get the cable and lunch. :tu: :D I tried at the local Fred Meyers Store and the clerk though I wanted a DC charging cable. She could not understand what I wanted. I looked at all their stuff and could not find an appropriate cable. I was wondering if Mac made one themselves. Thanks everyone for the input. I will go to Wally World tomorrow and look.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When you pick out a new cable, make sure that it says "Stereo" and not "Mono" (the cable you tried is apparently a mono cable). I know Radio Shack sells both and they're right next to each other on the shelf and they look identical other than the "stereo" or "mono" on the label.

You should also check out the other thread http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/94946-ipod-integration-wheres-everyone-routing-cables/, where there is a discussion about IPOD-specific solutions (USA SPEC adapter) that allow additional features.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
When you pick out a new cable, make sure that it says "Stereo" and not "Mono" (the cable you tried is apparently a mono cable). I know Radio Shack sells both and they're right next to each other on the shelf and they look identical other than the "stereo" or "mono" on the label.

You should also check out the other thread http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/94946-ipod-integration-wheres-everyone-routing-cables/, where there is a discussion about IPOD-specific solutions (USA SPEC adapter) that allow additional features.
easy way to tell is the stereo cable will have 2 black lines on the tip.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
easy way to tell is the stereo cable will have 2 black lines on the tip.
Bingo. Mine only has one. Off to Wally World this morning. A side note, how do they get that smell in those Wal Marts???? I hate going in there but I may have to suck it up and make a run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts