Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06' DC Lmtd with JBL NAV/DVD and I just purchased the PA15-Toy with the new cable for the iphone 3g after reading so much about it in the forums and hooked it up this morning. I agree with everyone here that the quality of the feed is good with no interference and I liked the options of being able to see the track and song and also using the steering wheel controls. My question (I have searched the forums but to no avail of an answer) is is there a setting I am missing because while the sound coming out is clear, I don't think it is even near CD quality. It sounds "tinny" to me, almost mono and it has pushed the balance really far forward so I had to adjust it almost to the very back to have any balance at all. Am I missing something? Anyone else have this expierience?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am using a USA spec and I think it is better than CD quality, not that it answers you question

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
I am also using the usa spec but mine is with the 6disc stock JBL stereo. I plug the laptop and cell phone in and they all sound great.
Digging out my paperwork to see what settings there are on it. next I would contact Crutchfield.com and see if they have any ideas.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The problem with IPODS is that the default settings on most of them is designed to cram as much music as possible. That compression scheme is great for quantity of music, but the quality goes down exponentially.

The lows are reduced, the stereo effects are lowered ..etc

When you listen to the music with headphones, it's fine but when you plug the Ipod into a decent system, the flaws appear right away.

My suggestion is to compress the music LESS when you transfer it to your Ipod. You will have less songs available but the quality will be much improved

·
Registered
366 Posts
EWC - Ipods have built-in equalizers. Make sure yours is turned off and then go from there. If everything else is equal and you have decent quality MP3s, you shouldn't hear much of a difference between your IPOD and a CD on a factory stereo.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have any of you long time users of the USA spec had any problems with your Ipods burning up or stop working?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Have any of you long time users of the USA spec had any problems with your Ipods burning up or stop working?

Thanks!
no issues thus far. Been running it daily for about 4 or 5 months:tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts