Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of hooking up my ipod on this NAV stereo...Any idea's fellows...loooking into pheriperal...brand...the last one pheriperal i could control my ipod with the steering buttons on my xrunner..and i still have that thing too..i wonder if it will work on this nav...

any ideas
thanks
Lemon

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
This is how I have mine hooked up. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6p6y5GP2n5z/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=monster+Standard%AE+Stereo+Mini+Cable&i=119MINIST1

I'm sure you already know of this route, but just incase you didnt. lol

I can still control the volume from the steering wheel, and the iPod lays perfectly on that little map slot cover.

But if you want total control of the iPod thru the steering wheel, try this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6p6y5GP2n5z/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=770&I=581PA11TOY&search=usa+spec I have this interface adapter on the wifes Acura and it works perfect. She has total control of her iPod thru the steering wheel and from the iPod itself. Plus it charges it while its plugged in. We had some garbage from Dice Electronics that was supposed to do the same thing that worked for 20 minutes then died. But this litte beauty is great, no complaints and I think this may be what youre looking for.

Hope that helped

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like your first one ..hehehheeh...

but i am ordering the second one...i was thinking of hinding the ipod in the contraban compartment...does your wife get..all the info on the main unit?

thanks
Lemon

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
i like your first one ..hehehheeh...

but i am ordering the second one...i was thinking of hinding the ipod in the contraban compartment...does your wife get..all the info on the main unit?

thanks
Lemon
Yes and no. lol It is capable of providing all the info but I have that switch turned off on the interface. She didnt like the constant scrolling on the read out. On the Acura's it actually plugs into the "aux" input on the lower part of the head unit. The install took me about 10 minutes. Crutchfield was on back order until late March so I grabbed one on eBay. She loves it, plus like I mentioned earlier it'll charge your iPod also, where as "plan a" doesnt.

Call crutchfield and ask them if it'll work with a JBL head unit, or which ever one you have. Plus they'll send you detailed instructions on how to take apart the dash if you need to.

Good Luck

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is there anything out there yet that will utilize the touchscreen on the NAVI unit yet?
Yep, I had this for my 4runner, earlier design and I just confirmed it will work with the 07 Tundra NAV:

SoundLinQ SLI - Toyota/Lexus Auxiliary Input Adapter with iPod interface(fits most Toyota/Lexus 2001-2006). Lexus iPod interface provides direct PnP connection to OEM audio system.

But I'm also interested in this one as it does a few very nice things:

LOCKPICK 3

But I've heard that coastaletech might be a sham of a company where Vais is top notch...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks mtnrunner.....looks like I need both if that's possible!!!!!!

Yep, I had this for my 4runner, earlier design and I just confirmed it will work with the 07 Tundra NAV:

SoundLinQ SLI - Toyota/Lexus Auxiliary Input Adapter with iPod interface(fits most Toyota/Lexus 2001-2006). Lexus iPod interface provides direct PnP connection to OEM audio system.

But I'm also interested in this one as it does a few very nice things:

LOCKPICK 3

But I've heard that coastaletech might be a sham of a company where Vais is top notch...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts