Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Iridium power plugs and horse power

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Mazutoytundra 
#1 ·
I just added Denso Iridium Power Plugs (IK22) with the .4mm electrode to my super charged 03 V8 Tundra. Denso references a dyno test on a 03 super charged Mustang where HP increased from 300 to 330 horses. They say the plugs add only 3 or 4 HP to a normally aspirated motor. I’ve never seen much discussion on these plugs so hope to get your feedback. They cost $11.75 each but I changed them myself so no labor charges.
Also, any ideas on how many horses I actually have?
Toyota says 240 stock
TRD says +50% so add 140
TRD says 10 for the TRD exhaust
Estimate 30 for the IK22 plugs

Total 240+120+10+30=400
I do not want to overstate the HP so I ask if anyone can give me a better estimate, I would appreciate your input. All I know is the truck is very fast and very fun to drive.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I cannot say I don't also have my doubts about the plugs adding horespower. I have never heard of that before either. If you read the Denso website information however it directs you to the test on the Mustang where the testing was done. We all have our preconceived ideas that this cannot be true but I was hoping someone else might have real life experience that would share their experience with us. I do not have the time, :) knowledge or money to run a test of any kind but I thought there might be some people that have done so. Perhaps the Mustang was tuned differently with the addition of the plugs but it sounded like that was the only change. In any case, thank you all for your input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.