Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m looking to buy an 07 or 08 Crew Max Limited 4X4. I want to buy one loaded with Nav, sunroof and the back up camera. Most of the ones I`m finding around New England are priced from $30000-$38000 with 30-50k on them. I have found one very clean certified 07 Crew Max Limited with Nav, the back up camera, no sunroof, the 20" wheels and TRD exhaust. I have the salesman down to $23900, the problem is the truck has 80,000 miles on it.

Should I buy this 07 for $23??? with 80,000 miles on it. Or one with the stock 18" wheels for $30000?
Thanks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I would say....platinum does not mean anything special..you can get the back up camera on other vehicles, the moonroof also, the only thing you would need to buy is the PLATINUM label from toyota themselves which costs 20 dollars or so. I say look for one under 45k miles for 25k...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I wouldn't buy one with 80K miles unless I see all service records and proof the Air injection pumps ahve been replaced. (that's key reason fro not buying one).

I also don't know if I'd buy one used in the 40-60K range for the same reason.

However, if the price is right, do it - just remember, while the truck should go over 100K miles pretty easily, you will need to save up for repairs.

-rockstate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for a limited, not a platinum. There are no 07 or 08 limiteds anywhere within 300 miles of here for under 25k.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm looking for a limited, not a platinum. There are no 07 or 08 limiteds anywhere within 300 miles of here for under 25k.
limited or platinum does not matter...dont buy into it. Your limiting yourself already though with 300 mile radius if thats the case then i say go for it get the vehicle with 80k miles...but remember to save up for the air induction pump....thats gonna cost 3k to 4k.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Why not buy an SR5 and then upgrade leather? Save a LOT of miles, and you will probably come out abotu the same.

You can pick up a used set of 20s for like $800 (with tires).

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Why not buy an SR5 and then upgrade

I have to agree with this thought. You could probably buy a newer model with much less miles that is still within warranty and have money left over to buy the extended warranty to 100K or more and when you get some extra coin, put the wheels you want, camera, etc. etc.. Even if you didn't have money left over to buy some extra goodies right off the bat you will still be better off going with a truck with less miles and more warranty.

Just a thought. Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I also say buy a lesser model and do the upgrades yourself. I bought a new grade 08 crewmax 5.7, bench seat for 24,500 out the door in july 08. I have since added most of what I wanted and still am under the price for a limited that was $10,000 more. Plus, you will enjoy doing the mods yourself. If I was to buy a used truck it would have to be under 30 or 40,000 miles. Good luck

·
Registered
754 Posts
thats a awesome price...im looking for something like that in that price range sicne my dealer aint coming through with my car...:cool:
I also say buy a lesser model and do the upgrades yourself. I bought a new grade 08 crewmax 5.7, bench seat for 24,500 out the door in july 08. I have since added most of what I wanted and still am under the price for a limited that was $10,000 more. Plus, you will enjoy doing the mods yourself. If I was to buy a used truck it would have to be under 30 or 40,000 miles. Good luck

·
Registered
820 Posts
Got that price cause the truck was sitting on the lot for 45 days and gas was almost $4 a gallon. No one wanted a big motor. The sticker on the truck was around $31,500. I just have to say my old dakota broke at the right time!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Holy sheit...congrats on the good price man....gosh I wish I could get mine that cheap...:tu:
Got that price cause the truck was sitting on the lot for 45 days and gas was almost $4 a gallon. No one wanted a big motor. The sticker on the truck was around $31,500. I just have to say my old dakota broke at the right time!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
80k miles only if u pay cash and get a much cheaper price. reason i say pay cash, first of all u cant get a good APR and financing usually on that sort of miles...secondly i'd hate the feeling of paying payments on a car/truck with that high of miles...should be paid for well before that haha

·
Registered
848 Posts
get the limited you will kick yourself later for buying a cheaper model .. i looked at a few SR5's before i bought my truck and i just couldnt downgrade to a SR5 ...

for 23K i would jump on it because it is cheap .. and no 80K isnt alot of mileage for that truck

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I would love a limited, but, not with 80k on it. Not unless you get the price down to under 20k. If you cann't, I would recomend going with a lower version too and adding what you want yourself. I got a sr5, replaced the stereo out the door, I do that on all vehicles i buy, and if I want to add something I do when I can afford it. I am gonna try to afford a back up camera next, then I should be done. Cann't think of anything a limited has that I just cann't live without.

good luck

chucky

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I got the limited and I kick myself for buying a too expensive model that I could have added all the crap on by myself for less than 1/2 the cost that Toy wanted.. i looked at a few SR5's before i bought my truck and i just could have customized it myself and saved thousands ...

Fixt it for ya!!!....:D

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I would love a limited, but, not with 80k on it. Not unless you get the price down to under 20k. If you cann't, I would recomend going with a lower version too and adding what you want yourself. I got a sr5, replaced the stereo out the door, I do that on all vehicles i buy, and if I want to add something I do when I can afford it. I am gonna try to afford a back up camera next, then I should be done. Cann't think of anything a limited has that I just cann't live without.

good luck

chucky

Exactly!!! Many aftermarket Nav/stereos out there that make Toyota's factory stuff seem like junk.

Sparks/flea-bay have all the factory add on's like Homelink mirror, back up cam/monitor for hundreds less than factory cost.....incredibly ez to install!!!

Aftermarket leather(Katzskin??), makes Toy's leather feel like plastic. (even though I went with Wet Okoles)

Wheels/tires are much more fun to personalize.......or find Toy take-offs for a fraction of the cost. I recently bought a replacement set of rugged trails INCLUDING the TRD rims for $400.....tires have less than 1000 miles!!! (got 45K on my OEM set and there's still tread left!!)

I haven't figured if I can add the front/rear sonar yet......it would be for the wife so I'm not sure I want to add it!!!

I "think" the LTD has some funky gauge set up that may be hard to duplicate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all of your info and opinions guys.

Let me put it this way, should I buy the Limited in the color I love with 80,000 miles for $23???? Or a limited in a color that is ok with 40,000-50,000 miles for $30,000? Is 30,000 miles worth an extra $5000?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for all of your info and opinions guys.

Let me put it this way, should I buy the Limited in the color I love with 80,000 miles for $23???? Or a limited in a color that is ok with 40,000-50,000 miles for $30,000? Is 30,000 miles worth an extra $5000?
I say yes. 30,000 is a lot of miles. To me the 80K is not even close. $5000 for 3 years +- worth of miles seems cheap to me. Personally, I would bite the bullet and buy a new limited. There are some good financing deals out there. Buying used has always been a crap shoot to me. You just don't know whats coming. At least a new one can get a factory warranty. Put the cash down and get a new one. JMHO and YMMV.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
30K-23K=$7K, not 5. I think thats a substantial savings. I would not fear the 80K truck if it's the color/model you want. GL whatever you choose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you tried a certified resaler like Carmax?

Dont know if they have any branches there but I'm a supporter. I found an 08 Limited CrewMax 5.7l 4X4 with 25,000mi listed for 36K . They gave me 5800 for my 02' tundra v6 with 110,000mi on it. Tax, tags, doc fees, extended Toyota warrenty, etc.. I got OTD for 30K. I searched Carmax for a while and had considered having them ship a limited from Texas for $600, but found the want I wanted with less miles in California, they shipped it to Vegas for free. If Carmax it there, Check them out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts