1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<LI id=vmessage7927 class=floatcontainer>:beatsme::beatsme:
04-08-2010 10:20 AM - permalink
aenglish

I just bought a 2004 Limited Sequoia, the vehicle has 86,000 miles. About 5 days after I purchased the vehicle the brakes felt like it sunk in, it kind of felt like when you try to brake hard in the snow. The VSC TRAC, VSC TRAC OFF, and brake light came on. I took it back to the dealer and they said that because the tire was low, it threw off the ABS. Since they fixed the tire I have yet to have that problem but the brake light seems to come on periodically. Could this be a sensor problem or brake problem? Also, when ever I brake there is a clicking sound coming from the break pedal. Anyone know what that can be? There is also the same clicking noise while I am driving. Does the dealer I bought this from responsible for the repairs due to the saftey of the vehicle?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
The click from the brake pedal could just be the brake switch activating when you apply the brakes. And I also have an intermitent clicking noise from below the steering column. I think there are a few threads about it. I don't know that a cause has been found, but I don't think it is anything to worry about. It does get annoying though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It sounds more like your ABS, TRAC or VSC system was working. Like ABS activation the pedal usually sinks a bit or pulsates, but the lights you described don't sound right. Did they also go out right afterwards?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the brake pedal does seem to feel like it sinks in. I thought maybe it is a different feel than my other vehicles. The lights just turns on periodically and resets when I turn off the vehice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
check the brake fluid level - when your brake pads wear down the fluid level will go down in the master cylinder to the point of the brake light coming on as a warning of low fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts