Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been here a week, since I brought home my new Crewmax. I'm thrilled with this truck, it's like a Lexus pickup. Smooth, powerful, plush, big, best pickup I've ever owned by far. (I've owned-75 Chevy C10, 78F150 4x4, 92 F150 Supercab XLT 4x4, 95 F250 Supercab XLT powerstroke, 99 F350 Supercab XLT powerstroke). It seems many of the threads here are perceived or imagined issues with the truck, to the point of silliness. I'm starting to think that some of the posts are trolls by GM sent here to cause trouble. lack of headroom? no ground clearance? the knocking thing? I don't see any facts being put forth, only conjecture. I've owned alot of vehicles besides these trucks, and most of them were bought new, so forgive me if it sounds like alot of the flack being directed at this truck is without basis.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've only been here a week, since I brought home my new Crewmax. I'm thrilled with this truck, it's like a Lexus pickup. Smooth, powerful, plush, big, best pickup I've ever owned by far. (I've owned-75 Chevy C10, 78F150 4x4, 92 F150 Supercab XLT 4x4, 95 F250 Supercab XLT powerstroke, 99 F350 Supercab XLT powerstroke). It seems many of the threads here are perceived or imagined issues with the truck, to the point of silliness. I'm starting to think that some of the posts are trolls by GM sent here to cause trouble. lack of headroom? no ground clearance? the knocking thing? I don't see any facts being put forth, only conjecture. I've owned alot of vehicles besides these trucks, and most of them were bought new, so forgive me if it sounds like alot of the flack being directed at this truck is without basis.
Yeah, this could be possible. Then again, it could also be possible that you're a sarcastic jerk as someone pointed out in another thread. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, this could be possible. Then again, it could also be possible that you're a sarcastic jerk as someone pointed out in another thread. :)
Perhaps its a little of both. I've participated in many forums over the years, and was just surprised at how much baseless criticism in the form of thread titles this forum has. I came here to learn about the truck, and hopefully not have to sift through too much bs.:ts:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Perhaps its a little of both. I've participated in many forums over the years, and was just surprised at how much baseless criticism in the form of thread titles this forum has. I came here to learn about the truck, and hopefully not have to sift through too much bs.:ts:
I'm just funnin' with ya.

You just kind of have to sort fact from fiction for yourself. Example: Cooper S claiming to get 24.2 mpg with his '07 Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are just some people that a car maker will never be able to make happy no matter what they do.

I get a kick out of the ground clearance complaints because its very obvious that those people have not seen the comparison with the competition.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just funnin' with ya.

You just kind of have to sort fact from fiction for yourself. Example: Cooper S claiming to get 24.2 mpg with his '07 Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 :rolleyes:
Yeah, I forgot that one.....:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's true to a certain point. This forum does get a lot of trolls posting crap about the '07 Tundra. I do not allow that to bother me to much. I absolutely love my Crewmax and I've said that from the very beginning. I have not had a single problem in the last 3 weeks. I do have the cold start diesel sound which does not last more that 3 minutes, and is no big deal to me. My gas mileage is slowly improving and I'm happy:tu:

Enjoy your Crewmax:tu:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, I've been a GM truck owner for years, this is my first Toy. I could not be happier with my 07 Tundra....I have none of the issues that folks are complaining about on this board......This Tundra is one extremely well built truck :ts:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have only been a member of this Forum for a short time, and I joined just to learn more about the Tundra because I was in the market for a new truck. I must admit that reading some of the complaints from other owners such as knocking, poor MPG, no headroom, etc., had me rethinking my decision to buy a Toyota. After test driving 3 Double Cabs yesterday I drove one home in Salsa Red with all the options I was looking for, including the tow mirrors. The 120 mile ride home was a real pleasure...smooth, very quiet, and 16.4 actual MPG @ 60-70 MPH. My only complaints are that I found out today that the spare tire is smaller than the standard stock tires....and I need a step-stool to clean the windshield! I love the big mirrors, but that's comes from driving an 18 wheeler for 30 years!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm starting to think that some of the posts are trolls by GM sent here to cause trouble. lack of headroom? no ground clearance? the knocking thing? I don't see any facts being put forth, only conjecture. I've owned alot of vehicles besides these trucks, and most of them were bought new, so forgive me if it sounds like alot of the flack being directed at this truck is without basis.
I am one of those with a lack of headroom. In my thread regarding headroom I simply asked for a solution to my problem. This site is an excellent site for suggestions and opinions regarding any one of a number of issues. I'm 6'8", and I really am 6'8", and I wanted some suggestions to remedy my seat height problem. Thats it. Most of the members have thoughtful and intelligent answers, some don't. I'm not of those members that give flack without basis (I can post a picture of myself standing next to a tape measure if you would like;) ). Yes, I agree, some members complain about what we perceive as trivial stuff but to them its not, and thats O.K.. Disregard it and read on. I use the site for what I think is the intelligent majority and disregard the rest.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Whats so bogus about someone claiming they have knocking issues? It doesn't appear to be an isolated case, judging by the poll results in another thread. Not that we know yet if it is a cause for concern or not- but it is something that at least a portion of these 5.7 engines are doing, I don't think theres any doubt about that.

If you really think GM is wasting time having people make negative posts here, you should wake up and realize that most of the people who actually consider the Tundra to be better than the Silverado exist on this board. The Silverado is still selling tens of thousands more models per month than the Tundra, so I doubt GM is losing much sleep over it. They have more important things to worry about (health care costs and pension plans mostly).

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If you really think GM is wasting time having people make negative posts here, you should wake up and realize that most of the people who actually consider the Tundra to be better than the Silverado exist on this board. The Silverado is still selling tens of thousands more models per month than the Tundra, so I doubt GM is losing much sleep over it. They have more important things to worry about (health care costs and pension plans mostly).
I agree, but its not so far fetched to think the members of a GM board would come up w/ the bright idea to come start some crap on a Tundra board for ****s and giggles. I also agree, theyre worrying about the 18% drop in Sierra sales, and 12% drop in Silverados sales in march.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If your job depended on the sales of GM trucks, would you do something as easy as typing some negative remarks about a competitors vehicle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There are some legitimate complaints for some people. You can not please all the people all the time, no matter who makes the truck. You will see a trend that the same user's seem to be overly negative, so remember there are three sides to every story. :):):)

Go test drive all them and see for yourself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The growing numbers of forums like this one, and their influence on potential buyers, has created what is becoming a common practice by company's marketing departments and PR firms - reading and commenting on blogs (or paying others to do so) in order to promote your product and slam the competition.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The growing numbers of forums like this one, and their influence on potential buyers, has created what is becoming a common practice by company's marketing departments and PR firms - reading and commenting on blogs (or paying others to do so) in order to promote your product and slam the competition.
It makes perfect sense. I have been involved in the snowmobile forums for about 10 years, when these message board format websites first became popular. Early on, the mfgs., ignored them as insignificant. Then became a phase when the mfgs would participate in the forums,sometimes publicly, often anonymously. That proved to be a no win situation. When they tried to help, they became targets for flames, or every single consumer with a grudge. Nowadays, I have to believe the mfgs. have taken a different approach. Lets face it, forums like this are here to stay, it becomes a matter of public relations, damage control, etc. Dog the competition, pump up your own product. Marketing in the 21st century.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Promote your product and slam the competition........GM seems to love to do this.

How about their latest commercial? " With more standard horsepower than ford or toyota."
I'd say that's bashing the competition....or a better word is:BULL$HIT advertising....I haven't noticed any toyota commercials that do BS advertising.

And he!!, they may have more STANDARD horsepower, but they don't have more available horsepower in a 1/2 ton. Except for the $45k denali.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Promote your product and slam the competition........GM seems to love to do this.

How about their latest commercial? " With more standard horsepower than ford or toyota."
I'd say that's bashing the competition....or a better word is:BULL$HIT advertising....I haven't noticed any toyota commercials that do BS advertising.

And he!!, they may have more STANDARD horsepower, but they don't have more available horsepower in a 1/2 ton. Except for the $45k denali.

GM has been pimping the standard hp argument for YEARS now. Its all about the fine print at the bottom of the screen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts