Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have a 2-channel amp wired for 4-channel?

I have a 2channel 650watt amp that is in mint condition. I used it bridged at less than half power to power a 10" Orion bandpass for four years in an old Honda trunk. (didn't need any more than half)

I want to run the amp to power my full range cabin '05 Tundra, 2xcomponents up front and 2xcoaxial in rear.

Has anyone tried this? Or know if it's possible with some sort of xover?
Amp is a Pheonix Gold 6500 XS

Thanks,
Andy

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Is it possible to have a 2-channel amp wired for 4-channel?

I have a 2channel 650watt amp that is in mint condition. I used it bridged at less than half power to power a 10" Orion bandpass for four years in an old Honda trunk. (didn't need any more than half)

I want to run the amp to power my full range cabin '05 Tundra, 2xcomponents up front and 2xcoaxial in rear.

Has anyone tried this? Or know if it's possible with some sort of xover?
Amp is a Pheonix Gold 6500 XS

Thanks,
Andy
Depending on the impedance of your speakers and the impedance stability of the amp you could wire the front and back speakers on each side to the same channel, but you wouldn't have any way to fade from front to back. You could always just power the Components from the amp and power the coaxials from the HU.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Why would you want to have amped rear sound? Just run the rears off of the h/u and fronts off of amp. BUT, if you do, then you can just run the left side speakers on the left side channel at 2ohms, same for the right side.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depending on the impedance of your speakers and the impedance stability of the amp you could wire the front and back speakers on each side to the same channel, but you wouldn't have any way to fade from front to back. You could always just power the Components from the amp and power the coaxials from the HU.
The components need more juice than the coaxials.
I'll try brandon's first suggestion, see if it sounds descent having the rear out of the HU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts