1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Per longwoodklon ideology, I am racist as well. Why are they only celebrating African-American culture? Why not celebrate ALL cultures. got wake?...good point!

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
Wow...this going to be a thread that people either ignore...or show some big balls.
I grew up in an interacial family in an era when it was REALLY taboo. I have encountered all kinds of ignorance and discrimination from all sides...but I do agree with Gotwake on this...I cant get student grants/ decent loans because I dont have children...its weird how our society/government chooses to reward/penalize or otherwise ignore people based on things such as skin color, married/single status, age, gender, sexuality etc...
It is what it is, but Mcdonalds could have just celebrated "365 days of diversity" and covered it all

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Come on, they spread the love around. After all, they have the Shamrock Shake
in March :crazy:

John

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
Don't even get me started on this..........

To answer your question....that site caues me to say YES

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is what it is, but Mcdonalds could have just celebrated "365 days of diversity" and covered it all

EXACTLY!!! :amen: i'm not saying its necessarily racist for them to promote just one race, but it really makes you wonder where some of the people who make decisions priorities lie. i know life isn't fair, but with all the racism, sexism, prejudice, etc, i find it truly amazing that a company as large as mcdonald's would put up a website like that. i'd be willing to bet that if they did something like that for hispanics or asians, but not african americans, there would be outrage.

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Okay, so Shamrock Shake aside, I agree with the posting. While I don't see it
as blatant racism I can see where if it were the other way around people
would be totally BS.

I'm sure it's a well intentioned thing, but as we all have probably heard the saying,
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions." I think as a society we have
come a long way in accepting others, but of course there will always be room for
improvement. Situations like this many times cause people to step back and feel
like we're supposed to accept others yet this appears that they're alienating
themselves.

One examply is quotas or affirmative action. I work in a job where you have to take
a civil service test. A lot of people don't understand that the quota thing generally
doesn't come into play unless that profession, or department in my case, is found to
be lacking. So for example an African-American takes the test and gets through the
background check and training. This person could've gotten a 100% on the test, but
the first thing a lot of people are thinking is that they got the job handed to them.
In this example that isn't the case as a Par10 list hasn't been called for. So the
legitimate ones are hurt by the same system that is supposedly supposed to help them
out. In many ways it does a disservice to them.

John

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
no comment

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i've given up on the getting any piece of the pie...... guess when my boys get old enough for college, I'll have to dye their skin, hair, change their names to Rico or Jamal, have them speak with an accent, learn some new jargon, etc to get some aide for school...................

Guess their marketing dept forgot to attend the mandatory diversity training........

Good Find "got wake"!

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
i've given up on the getting any piece of the pie...... guess when my boys get old enough for college, I'll have to dye their skin, hair, change their names to Rico or Jamal, have them speak with an accent, learn some new jargon, etc to get some aide for school...................

Guess their marketing dept forgot to attend the mandatory diversity training........

Good Find "got wake"!
Nicely out. Coming from an interracial family...its interesting, one sibling was able to get a grant for school...C average student...I was an A student and wasnt able to....I really have seen all sides trust me

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,613 Posts
Dammit! I'm eating a MCD's Deluxe Breakfast right now!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 24 Posts