Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, so here is the deal. About 7 years ago I bought a 2003 Tundra with the Supercharger. I'm not really highly mechanically inclined, nor have I ever been a big car/truck guy, but the S/C seemed to be a cool thing to have, and the truck was a great buy even without it. I've always intended to get it tuned and make better use of its potential, but just didn't know where to go, what to do, or (most importantly) where to get the money to pay for it! Finally had planned to get it tuned up, after spending 8 months overseas playing army and saving up some extra cash, and (here is the sad part) my FIRST night back in the USA and it gets stolen out of my driveway! It's been recovered, but it was wrecked and now is being evaluated. Just trying to decide how much to fight to not have the truck totaled, or if I should just take the total and then buy the salvage back to strip the S/C off. Could I even put it on another engine that easy?? Should I just let it go? Is it worth the fight of trying to get them to fix it? Sorry for the long story and multiple questions... Looking for some answers I don't have, and hoping you all know more about the S/C situation than I do.

Many Thanks...
-Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Damn dude, sorry to hear that.. sounds like a terrible situation. From what i've heard the super chargers are somewhat hard to come by, I don't know much else about them except that they usually sell anywhere from 3-5K.. Soo deff take that thing off your truck if you can.. and sell it to me :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts