Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I was just wondering as i am about to purchase a 2010 toyota tundra 4x4 limited whether or not that up grading to the limited with nav from the limited model without nav is worth it?

i am from canada so ill try to put it good terms, i can get the truck without nav for 46082 canadian without nav but if i want to upgrade to the nav package it is a 1900 dollar touch.

i am going to to look into it alittle more but if you dont get nav do you still get the back up camera or no? what options or what makes it worth it to have nav?
Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
500 Posts
The back up camera monitor on the non Nav 2010 LTD is integrated into the rearview mirror.

IMHO it is not worth the money. Although they do look good and are functional, technology changes way to fast. If Nav would be practical for you, get a much cheaper aftermarket in-dash or better yet, keep the JBL and buy a good $300 Tom Tom or Garmin.

On the purchase, did Red Deer offer up any other incentives other than then the $1500???

I just traded in my '07 TRD DC for a '10 LTD DC, waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
422 Posts
do you get lost easily???

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I'd suggest getting an after-market Nav system. Even the upgraded JBL system sounds horrible in this vehicle. Getting a new HU, speakers, amp and cabling will cost potentially less than the Nav upgrade. You'll still get Nav, better speakers, wires and an amp that can push out the watts while sound clean and clear. May even have enough left over for a decent subwoofer/box!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I would get the Yota NAV. I like it a lot.
And I would get it just for bluetooth quality, there is no aftermarket match to it. It can be unlocked, it can display video from external source.
Never failed me in getting to unknown place.
Did not have much luck with aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
NO use your cell phone. Most smart phones now a days give you a free gps. HTC sprint system, Apple Iphone, there are many, i own a garmin, love it to death. My fiance got it for me, now that I have a HTC smart phone, she loves the gps in it. It's free sprint gps that works great. Just leave it pluged into charge on the car charger.

NO not worth the money. If you don't want to use the phone one, get a garmin for maybe 200 bucks if you go expensive that you can load euro maps into them too so you can travel the world and use it. But please don't spend that much money on the nav system.

good luck

chucky

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks for all the replys. the only reason i ask is because they didnt have any in stock without nav and they only had models with. both prices were really good for here in alberta, with the nav it was prety close to what i could get a non nav model most other places. but i actually tracked down another tundra at another dealer without nav that matched the price plus better. just put money down, getting it early next week. so pumped.
thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
i have nav in my phone and i had nav in my 07 DC but when i was looking for my new truck i had to have the factory nav .. i just dont like the look of a aftermarket system and to me the factory system works great so in my opinion get it ..

·
Registered
598 Posts
I want to get the new IPad with google maps and mount it in my truck. That would be sooooooo neat.

·
Registered
270 Posts
don't do it...too expensive and not advanced enough!! get the basic unit and buy an aftermarket navi like this Screen 1.jpg ...saves ya money and is more fun than the stock unit!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just put money down on a 2010 toyota tundra 4x4 LTD without nav. 5.7l double cab... so pupmed. yah id rather buy i garmin that is a quater of the cost, with probably has more data on it and data to be added. thanks for the advice.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
You made the right decision. I installed a pioneer indash navigation unit for like $500-600 and the sound system part of it is great. I got the adapter for ipod and sirius, well worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
NO use your cell phone. Most smart phones now a days give you a free gps.
That's great as long as you have cell coverage. Took a drive thru some canyons and my buddy's cell lost coverage. I'd loose the GPS satellites, but my indash GPS uses "Dead Reckoning" when it can't pick up any birds. It uses an internal compass and the speedo pulse signal.

So don't get the factory GPS and get an aftermarket one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts