Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer told me they were the same, Toyota just changed the name. They did not have any Pyrite Tundras on the lot but they did have a Toyota Avalon in this Phantom Gray Pearl and I really liked the metallic/perl tone. Can anyone confirm these are the same?

·
Registered
33 Posts
No they are not the same.. I had Phantom grey pearl limited 06' tundra.. And now have Pirt mica 07 and they are not even close .. The PM is bronze titanium color to me unless i'm going color blind.. lol But to answer your questions no they are not the same color.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A dealer told me they were the same, Toyota just changed the name. They did not have any Pyrite Tundras on the lot but they did have a Toyota Avalon in this Phantom Gray Pearl and I really liked the metallic/perl tone. Can anyone confirm these are the same?
They aren't even close.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I also had a Phantom Grey (05), and now have the Pyrite Mica. Not the same color. The Pyrite Mica has a subtle gold tone to the grey. Very nice.

·
Registered
848 Posts
they are totally different but then again what do you expect from the stupidship you cant expect them to know what they are talking about

·
Registered
151 Posts
the phantom gray was in the "gray" color family, color code 1E3.
the pyrite mica is in the "tan/gold" color family, color code 4T3.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don't know Toyota colors and have never seen Phantom Grey but it sounds closer to Slate than Pyrite.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Of the 11 available colors, three stand out to me, the Slate Metallic, the Timberland Mica and the Pyrite Mica. Of the three I'd probably go with the Pyrite. No wait maybe the Slate. No wait...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts