Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has just bought a new 2008 Prius. The dealer is offering her a 6 year/75,000 mile extended warranty for $1200. The MSRP on it is $1600. This does not include maintenance and we are in the Boston area. I'm trying to help determine if she should take it.

1) Is the $1200 a good price for this warranty?
2) For those of you who have bought the extended warranty - Have you needed it?
3) For those of you who didn't take the warranty - has anything come up that makes you wish you had?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
It depends on how her luck runs. I have alway gotten the extended warranty. In fact I got an 8yr 120K on my 07 Tundra. I think I paid arounr $1200 - $1400 for it. With my Fords, it paid off big time and saved me a lot of money. With my Toyotas, it was an un-needed expense. I've never had a major problem with any of them (knock on wood). But, like I said, how does her luck run. It only takes one major problem to pay for itself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi ! I have a 2007 Prius that nI bought a year ago Oct 1st. I have 25,000 mile on the car with no problems. I know severasl people that have these cars annd have had no problems what so ever. I would not spen the extra money for an extended warranty it would be a waste of money. I live in N H and had no problems with getting around last winter. The most important part of the car the batteries are under warranty for eight years anyway.

·
Preferred Dealer
132 Posts
so did you get a warranty yet? if not I can give you the 6/75 for $690. if you or anyone else wants one I have a post in the general classifieds.

and it's not the engine/hybird system/battery you have to worry about. it's the wheel bearings, power window motors, abs brakes, ect, ect...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the 8/100k on my 08 just because I put almost 100 miles a day on it driving to and from work. I'd be out of warranty in just over a year if I didn't. If I had a drive, I doubt I would have got it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Keep in mind that extended warranties are designed by insurance companies. If they didn't make a fat profit on those, they would not be pushing them as they are. Keep your hard earned money and don't worry about repairs, it's a Toyota !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts