Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma brochure says the the power sliding rear window is optional, but I cannot find it listed anywhere as a purchasable item. It doesn't appear to be available anywhere and isn't included as part of any advertised package that I can see. My dad bought a double-cab SR a few months back and his definitely doesn't have it. I'm planning to order a double-cab TRD Sport and want to make certain mine has this, but no one at the dealership seems to be able to tell me for certain.

Does anyone on there know?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Toyota's US website sucks. On the Canadian version it clearly lists the rear window is only available in the TRD sport or Limited, only in double cab version. If you open the link below you will see it says "Filter by" and has a blue circle around the 4X2. Click the double cab option and scroll down to windows section.
Either way just make sure your dealer knows for sure and have them put it in writing.

https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehicles/tacoma/models-specifications

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sad part is, I work for Toyota at one of the manufacturing plants, and have access to pretty much the same ordering site the sales division uses to order vehicles, and can use it to build/model vehicles I'm interested in, and I can't find it anywhere on there either. The really confusing part is, in the brochure, in the big multi-page features and specifications table, it has an O for Power sliding rear window w/privacy glass (Double Cab only) under Double Cab TRD Sport. However, a couple of pages back, on the models page that details each individual model, it has Power sliding rear window with privacy glass (Double Cab only) listed as a feature for the Double Cab TRD Sport, listed separate from the options. So what is it?! Is it a feature or an option? Talk about confusing. Thanks anyway. I'll double-check with the dealer.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Ha ha. Small world. Given your location I am guessing you work at TMMI. I work at TMMC. Yeah, those brochures are not exactly clear most times, and most sales people don't know anything either. That's why I was suggesting getting it in writing so they cant play dumb. It does sound like the one you want does have the power window though. Post back what you find out so at the very least you can help someone else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I work at TMMI. I had almost five years in at TMMK and 20 in at TMMI. I hit the 25-year milestone back in October.

It took forever to get my truck in! I'll be taking possession of it in a few short hours.

Oh, and for the record, the power sliding rear window must be standard on the Double Cab TRD Sport, because mine has it, and it isn't listed as an option on any of my packages and I didn't pay extra for it.

- Byron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, in case anyone else ever comes here to look and is wondering, my Tacoma came with the power rear sliding window. It doesn't show anywhere on the window sticker not as standard equipment, an option, or an accessory. However, I didn't order it specifically, so it must be standard either to the model I bought or the package I bought or something. My Tacoma is a 2017, double-cab, long-bed, TRD Sport.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the information your post brings. I see the novelty in your text, I will share it for everyone to read. I look forward to reading more articles from you.

vin lookup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts