Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am looking to buy a new 2007 Tundra. Problem is, it will need to work (towing 6K pound horse trailer) pretty much immediately. Is there a break in period on a brand new engine before one should tow with it?

I don't really trust to ask the dealer, because he will say "this baby is ready to tow, buy it now" y'know?

Thanks,
Lono

Denver, CO

* it would be even more swell if someone were to send a response to my home addy > [email protected]

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Hey all,

I am looking to buy a new 2007 Tundra. Problem is, it will need to work (towing 6K pound horse trailer) pretty much immediately. Is there a break in period on a brand new engine before one should tow with it?

I don't really trust to ask the dealer, because he will say "this baby is ready to tow, buy it now" y'know?

Thanks,
Lono

Denver, CO

* it would be even more swell if someone were to send a response to my home addy > [email protected]
My manual says to wait till you hit 500 Miles (800 km).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yup, 500 miles is the recommended to break in the engine and the differentials properly. Smooth acceleration and varied speeds are best. :tu:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I was in the same boat as you are. I had to tow 3 tons right away for work. Luckily I took delivery of my truck on a Sat. morning and had the whole up coming week off to get stuff done. By the time I went back to work I only had 450 miles on it, but its fine and tows without any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts