Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.7 DC... When i turn the radio off to listen to the cars noise as I accelerate, I notice from the passenger side's floor a light fluttering (maybe whistling) noise that is consisent with the noise coming from the engine.

Anyone else here extra noise outside of the engine?

Is this normal?

I have never had a v8 or thig large of a vehicle.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a 5.7 DC... When i turn the radio off to listen to the cars noise as I accelerate, I notice from the passenger side's floor a light fluttering (maybe whistling) noise that is consisent with the noise coming from the engine.

Anyone else here extra noise outside of the engine?

Is this normal?

I have never had a v8 or thig large of a vehicle.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, I think it's normal sounds coming from the engine and the various axle's on this truck. I did notice all these sounds when I first drove my CM, but I just don't let it bother me to much. It's a lot different from my '04 DC.

How many miles do you have on your truck at the moment. I've only got about 200 miles so far. Don't pay to much attention to the noise, just enjoy your ride:tu:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the peace of mind. I have 900 miles on it. :)

I finally got to floor it yesterday against a z71 with some aftermarket exhaust... mark another win for toyota. ;)

Living in San Antonio where the Tundra is made, we are overpopulated with Truck billboards. Lots of Chevy and GMC boards, Plenty of F150 boards saying the official truck of Texas, but the majority are Toyota Tundra touting what we all know. Its like Truck Wars down here being played on the billboards. Quite fun driving mine around here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You said you're driving in San Antonio?
I love the Tundra Billboard down Eckert, and the one on Bandera.
Do you ever take your Tundra by the Wash Tub on Bandera and Gilbeau? (I work there, so I may've washed it)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I actuallu get a very high pitched whistling sound in my truck. It is at various times but mostly present during light accelleration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts