Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a way to keep the digital gear indicator on in auto mode. I dont need it to be on to let me know I am in manual mode.

I would like to see how the transmission is shifting and what gears-shift points the computer chooses for excel, decel, towing ect.

Just wondering.....

~JH

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a way to keep the digital gear indicator on in auto mode. I dont need it to be on to let me know I am in manual mode.

I would like to see how the transmission is shifting and what gears-shift points the computer chooses for excel, decel, towing ect.

Just wondering.....

~JH

Me and others have posted this question and got no answers. I got alot of "whys". My response is "because":)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Probably not without reworking the ECU and that ain't gonna happen. Will a scanguage device give gears in real time? Perhaps a semi-permanent mounted one would work?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well seeing as how the digital display doesnt even tell you that info in manual (sequential actually) mode, no. all it tells you is the maximum gear you have selected for it to stay in. theres not really any real time info to be had there. kinda pointless.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Barney is right. It only tells you the maximum gear it will shift to. Now, you wont believe us (I didn't when Barney corrected me way back), but it is really easy to confirm. Put it in 4, stop the truck. Then set off again. Truck will be in 1st gear. But indicator will say 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts