Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Toyota Tundra Toyota Tundra Discounts Top Rivals Sourced From: The New York Times, March 30, 2007; Detroit News, March 29, 2007
Situation1. Toyota continues to increase discounts on new Tundra full-size pickup 2. New $1K trade-in incentive to Tundra buyers; combine w/ existing $2K cash-back offer 3. Mild embarrassment, federal government gave Tundra 4-star rating in frontal crash tests 4. Incentives bring Tundra's price in line w/ segment leaders Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-series 5. Many standard features on Tundra are options on rivals; higher base price seen as deterrent
Significant Points1. Sign Toyota not cutting into profitable truck market as much as rivals had feared 2. Analysts surprised to see heavy incentives; Tundra went on sale less than 2 months ago 3. Higher discounts were available on some competing trucks 4. Failing to keep up could hurt Tundra's ability to attract shoppers 5. Tundra's growing list of incentives welcome news for Detroit automakers
Says"The Tundra's relatively high price seems to have alienated many potential buyers who might otherwise have been swayed to consider a well-equipped, Texas-built truck produced by an import automaker with a solid reputation." -- Jesse Toprak, senior analyst, Edmunds.com
"I'm selling double cabs, and I have almost 100 orders for CrewMaxes." -- Dianne Whitmire, director of fleet and Internet sales, Toyota of San Juan Capistrano
"Unfortunately, we may have put a little too much content in it." -- Ernest Bastien, VP of vehicle operations, Toyota Motor Sales
I subscribe to the Net based Automotive digest and recieved this notice today but the only special incentives I have been able to find on the New Tundra's is 3.9-36mo 4.9-48mo and 5.9-60mo finacing terms. Does anyone know if the above article is true or can confirm the info?

Link to source http://www.automotivedigest.com/view_art.asp?articlesID=21908

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I subscribe to the Net based Automotive digest and recieved this notice today but the only special incentives I have been able to find on the New Tundra's is 3.9-36mo 4.9-48mo and 5.9-60mo finacing terms. Does anyone know if the above article is true or can confirm the info?

Link to source http://www.automotivedigest.com/view_art.asp?articlesID=21908
well yes and no. It is not a rebate, it is dealer cash and the dealer doesnt have to give it to you. It is money that the dealer gets to lower their price if they see fit. There is the trade in allowance though, it is supposed to help you get out of the low resale value domestic trucks, lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts