Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, when I was getting my 2004 V6 Highlander smog checked, I noticed my exhaust system jiggling around when it was running on the dynamometer. Fearing that some of the exhaust system hangers may be missing, I inspected the exhaust system when I got home. None of the rubber "donut" hanger were missing. My exhaust system can move approximately 0.5" to 0.75" in any direction with only a slight push. Is this normal? Does your exhaust system move that much too with a slight push?

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Recently, when my I was getting my Highlander smog checked, I noticed my exhaust system giggling around when it was running on the dynamometer. Fearing that some of the exhaust system hangers may be missing, I inspected the exhaust system when I got home. None of the rubber "donut" hanger were missing. My exhaust system can move approximately 0.5" to 0.75" in any direction with only a slight push. Is this normal? Does your exhaust system move that much too with a slight push?
That's normal now.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
if it didnt do that, u would be posting up here that u are getting vibrations and exhaust related noises transmitted into the passenger compartmetn. my stock pipe did that on mine, but my duals dont. they fixed that. but im sure i get more resonance that way but i dont like wiggly pipes. my wifes benz moves too...but i'll take that so its nice and quiet and vibration free. some cars move ALOT, as in inches....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts