Toyota Tundra Forums banner

221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm so pissed, my 02' Sequoia with 224k miles just cracked at the frame where the front swaybar support is connected......it's all rusted away right there.
When I went to jack it up to see what the weird creaking noise was, it started to sag right there.....well, that's what the noise is!
When I bought this used in 2013, it had "passed" a frame inspection and got that crappy black stuff sprayed on the frame...….Looked great for about 6 months till it all chipped off.

On ground:

Jacked up:

Drove over to the dealer...…..they gave me Toyota Corporate's number. I talked to them and they created a case and said they would have someone in their escalation division call me within one business day. The guy I spoke to acted like my truck was too old and had too many miles.
Any updates??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doc my 04 sequoia with 174,000 miles wouldn’t even fly for this would it? What are other options that are available if it gets bad?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Doc my 04 sequoia with 174,000 miles wouldn’t even fly for this would it? What are other options that are available if it gets bad?

If youre asking what to do if the rust gets bad the answer is don't let it get that way and rust proof it. Think of it as preventative maintenance just like changing your fluids.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called my local Toyota dealership just out of curiosity, to see if mine was even eligible. I have an 06 with 194,000. Basically just told them it looked rusty, I gave them my name and VIN and they said the person that deals with recalls would call me back. I was under the impression they would inspect it before anything. I got a call back that I missed, they left a message saying they had already ordered the parts in my name and wanted to schedule a date to do it after the parts arrive.

I'm assuming they ordered the entire frame.

Mine needs exhaust manifolds, so I just want headers instead since they need replaced anyways. What are the chances I could get a deal on labor since the manifolds will be a lot easier to access?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought an 06 with 96k miles. There is rust on the frame and this was an east coast vehicle. Too late to get the vehicle inspected under this settlment?

221 - 225 of 225 Posts