Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know that the Ivan Stewart 16" TRD wheels were recently redesigned to accept the TPMS sensors. I've talked to an individual that has a nearly new set that was mfg supposedly before that redesign. This person says that he was told by the Toyota dealership he got the wheels from that they would also work with the TPMS sensors. Can somebody tell me the straight poop on Ivan Stewart 16" TRD wheels and TPMS sensors? Old style and new............
Thanks
David

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
ummm....they look damn good? haha sorry thats all i can tell ya

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I think they'd MAKE my black Tundra. And I could still use the new tires that came on my truck.

·
Registered
741 Posts
David Jones ask jbtoy he probably would be able to tell you. i have the first edition ivan stewart rims with the old screw on caps, no tpms sensors, ive had no problems except for the clearcoat finish starting to bubble :rolleyes: going to have them powder coated and refinished someday, there also about 8 years old :becky:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David Jones ask jbtoy he probably would be able to tell you. i have the first edition ivan stewart rims with the old screw on caps, no tpms sensors, ive had no problems except for the clearcoat finish starting to bubble :rolleyes: going to have them powder coated and refinished someday, there also about 8 years old :becky:
I looked at your pictures over the last few days and they helped me decide that I could live with those wheels. They look GREAT on your truck!

·
Registered
741 Posts
thx not much after market stuff for the first gens :beatsme: saw jbtoy pictures which inspired me to make a ivan stewart clone :D did'nt even know about is edition till i joined ts :becky:

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
...saw jbtoy pictures which inspired me to make a ivan stewart clone :D did'nt even know about is edition till i joined ts :becky:
I can be a bad influence you know :) **Btw, your ride is coming along nicely!

I looked at your pictures over the last few days and they helped me decide that I could live with those wheels. They look GREAT on your truck!
I have the TRD wheels as well and no issues at all. Actually, I have not checked on next Gen for TPMS, but, I will check, just to know what is fact or fiction. I think the wheels will look
great on a black truck and like the look.

Closeup of wheel on my 2000.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
just seen your cardomain jbtoy. learned about a couple options i didn't realize were possible. the sunroof and signal mirrors. hell, now i might get a sunroof on my RX8 as well.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think the new design just changed the angle for the sensor?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the trd wheels before the redesign and the tpms fit/work fine on them. Ive had the trd wheels since 2003 and the tpms on them since 2005. You should have no problems with the old design. hope this helps...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts