Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I haven't found any definitive information on how to properly jack up my 01 Sequoia and put on jack stands. Does anyone have a picture?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, you can jack the rear end up by the third member (pumpkin) and put the jack stands under the axle tubes. For the front, you can put the jack under the front crossmember (just behind the skid plate). That's what I do when I rotate my tires anyway...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well, you can jack the rear end up by the third member (pumpkin) and put the jack stands under the axle tubes. For the front, you can put the jack under the front crossmember (just behind the skid plate). That's what I do when I rotate my tires anyway...
That's just what the manual specifies:

·
Registered
374 Posts
What kind of surface does your jack have? I hate those cup things that end up putting all the weight on half an inch of 1/8 inch thick steel edge.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Where do you put the jack stands on the rear if you can't use the axle? I'll be adding a leaf spring and need to support the rear at a point other than the axle. The chassis?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
What kind of surface does your jack have? I hate those cup things that end up putting all the weight on half an inch of 1/8 inch thick steel edge.
It's about a 4" diameter flat surface, but that's not the issue. I need to know a safe place to position the jack stands. The groove on the stands is about half the width of the chassis so that doesn't seem safe. Is it safe to place jack stands on the body where the panels are doubled up?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
It's about a 4" diameter flat surface, but that's not the issue. I need to know a safe place to position the jack stands. The groove on the stands is about half the width of the chassis so that doesn't seem safe. Is it safe to place jack stands on the body where the panels are doubled up? Like you do on a car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good replacement floor jack for a 2002 Toyota Sequoia? The one I got with the vehicle broke and is totally worthless now.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
You've got a tall, heavy vehicle so make sure you check the lift and the weight rating on anything you get. I have a Michelin 3 ton and it has a 21 inch lift. Many jacks only have an 18 inch lift or less. Usually the higher the weight rating the higher the lift.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Where do you put the jack stands on the rear if you can't use the axle? I'll be adding a leaf spring and need to support the rear at a point other than the axle. The chassis?
How are you adding a leaf?

An SUV jack with an extended reach and has an extention is really handy. Lifting by crossmember and pumpkin shouldn't max out most floor jacks. The SUV jack is really needed when lifting by frame or if you have a lift.

·
Registered
289 Posts
How are you adding a leaf?

An SUV jack with an extended reach and has an extention is really handy. Lifting by crossmember and pumpkin shouldn't max out most floor jacks. The SUV jack is really needed when lifting by frame or if you have a lift.
Moreover, WHY are you adding leafs? 1 ton axle swap?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts