Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if those of you with jba headers still have that annoying ticking when you start the truck up. mine goes tick-tick-tick for like five minutes until the truck warms up then it goes away. curious if the new headers make this goes away ie: is the problem a cracked exhaust manifold which is common on early tundras. this would also debunk the piston slap myth!! Those with jba's please chime in. Tick or no tick now???

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was told the ticking was a broken gasket on the headers, you might not need to replace everything but they charge a ridiculous amount to get in there and fix it so you might as well have them throw in the jba's while they are there

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its an exhaust leak your hearing . You either have a cracked manifold or a leaky gasket. I have not yet installed my JBA headers yet but I will do the install one the weather stops raining. Take your heat shields off then turn the motor on you should be able to tell if your manifold is cracked. BBKID:cool: :cool: :D :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had JBAs on my 05 Tundra that I traded for an 07. I could hear the ticking noise from mine as well. At first I believed it was an exhaust leak, but all the bolts were rechecked an were very secure. After 5000 miles my tech who did the install looked around the maniford for depoists which would be left by an exhaust leak. However, there were no deposits or any other leak indicators. When we took the headers off at time of trade we inspected the gaskets for any damage, none was found. I don't know what to attribute the ticking too, but maybe it's just the way it is.

My tech was able to get the headers off and factory manifold back on in a little over an hour. Much quicker than the 3 1/2 hour install. Now, I've got a pair of JBAs to sell for the 05/06 Tundra. I guess it's time for eBay.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Welcome the wonderfull world of aftermarket headers :rolleyes: .

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
The ticking went away when I replaced my Tundra log type exhaust manifolds with JBA's. They've been on about 2 1/2 years and are doing fine.:tu:

Larry

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what I was hoping for, currently in search of a set of JBA's anyone with a set for sale PM me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts