Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disappointed. I received my 2010S JBA shorty headers and examined them only to find burn marks on the exhaust ports. They were not smoothed for proper air flow and not even close to the proper shape of the exhaust ports on the heads. Waiting for response from seller on ebay.

Bummed out!
IMG_20190816_214916.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hopefully the decked it and didnt use a grinder. You want that surface FLAT and the best way to do that is in a machine shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully the decked it and didnt use a grinder. You want that surface FLAT and the best way to do that is in a machine shop.
The ports were not machined well and the welds were very questionable. It takes a lot of work to R&R the headers and to do it twice would be a real pisser. I returned them and got another set. I only had to lightly grind the ports to smooth them out and they have been on for a while now and I did get a little increase in power. It might have been due to resetting the ECU, new plugs, wires and eliminating the old exhaust leaks too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dyno runs I have seen for these headers were actually pretty impressive, was the power difference that noticeable?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts