Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked with crutchfield and they said that the factory JBL amp uses 2 Ohms to the front speakers. Do you agree with that? I can't find any information on the factory JBL amp specs. I see a lot of threads on here where people are installing 4 Ohm speakers in the front - won't using a 4 Ohm speaker on a 2 Ohm amp decrease the volume?. I installed a JVC730BT head unit with the TYTO-01 and am now looking to upgrade my front speakers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep. I believe all the stock speakers are 2Ohm. Good luck finding 2Ohm speakers for under $500. Just get 4s and turn the volume up another 6 or so.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yea everything ive seen says 2 ohm. I just re did all 4 speakers in my 2006 DC with JBL system today. I went with kicker 4 ohm 6.5 all the way around. I should have gone 7in up front and 6.5'in in the back. Theyre a little undersized for the front and fit perfect in the back. Theyre not (great) sounding yet since they are hooked up to the factory radio and amp but better than the speakers that were there. Tomorrow ill prob hook up radio and shop around for my amp n subs.

Here is a pic of the speaker that came out of the front and what they look like in the back, sorry about orientation.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...I found a post late yesterday that mentions 2Ohms. I installed the TYTO-01 (jbl amp harness) this weekend but have now realized that bypassing the amp with Metra 70-8117 is the better way to go so I can just use the power from my JVC730BT and use 4Ohm speakers which there are more options for and cheaper. Also, thanks for tip of using 7" in the front. I have gnarly rattle in my driver door so I was looking to replace the speakers and fix the rattle.

I'm a newbie so I can't post links yet but search for "JBL amp specification" from member - hyrik

·
Registered
14 Posts
Might be a little late now but did you look at these? I plan on using them when/if my speakers blow. I replaced the front factory tuned speakers on my wifes 2009 TSX since they were blown and wish I just rebuilt them (didn't know that you could at the time). Doesn't sound terrible but definitely not as full. The gist I've gotten is that the "premium" OEM systems are tuned for the OEM speakers so unless your replacing the whole thing your better off not messing with it.

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/toyota-jbl-speaker-foam-edge-repair-kit-fsk-7m-toyota.html?utm_source=ECN&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=Toyota JBL Kits&utm_content=FSK-7M-Toyota&gdffi=38d8b8c0d7014634812fc186f368f385&gdfms=28A88E290BE24AA6B227E1500E61BCCA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts