Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Sequoia and every thing works except the CD player. The previous owner said there is a CD stuck in side it. When I push the eject button the display says No DISC.. I have tried most of the online attempts and the manual suggestions, and I went to JBL's website and tried their suggestions.
Lots of suggestions but no one yet has said the eject options actually worked for them. Does anyone have a secret way to remove CDs from a stuck system?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Yeah, take it to a local stereo shop and ask them. I had a similar problem years ago and thats what I did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it's stuck, the next one you put in will probably get stuck too. Get a new double din. You can get a good modern one for well under $500

·
Registered
148 Posts
If it's stuck, the next one you put in will probably get stuck too. Get a new double din. You can get a good modern one for well under $500
Yup, if I recall there is a way to pull the disc out if you remove the unit from the dash since I eventually got mine out... But the disc changer was busted and discs continued to get stuck. I replaced it with a Pioneer double din LCD for like 1/4 the cost of a new OEM head unit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought a 2003 Sequoia and every thing works except the CD player. The previous owner said there is a CD stuck in side it. When I push the eject button the display says No DISC.. I have tried most of the online attempts and the manual suggestions, and I went to JBL's website and tried their suggestions.
Lots of suggestions but no one yet has said the eject options actually worked for them. Does anyone have a secret way to remove CDs from a stuck system?

Same thing happened to my 2003 a couple years ago, these 2 vids showed me how to DIY: First vid is for Sequoia, second for a Sienna changer but same process worked for me...good luck

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I threw my 6-disk changer in the bin for a cheap double din NAV/AM/FM/Bluetooth/backup cam unit. It was a great upgrade and keeps my truck feeling somewhat modern.

·
Registered
203 Posts
There may be plenty of threads on this, but I thought that my JBL "premium" factory stereo had an amplifier and was set up so that pulling it out and simply plugging in a new radio would not work. I think that Toyota offered two types of head units on Sequoias in 2006. Either way, my $14 bluetooth plug-in device allows me to stream Pandora which also keeps me from realizing how woefully out of date the GEN 1 Sequoia is compared to just about everything else on the road. I kind of like it that way anyway... less stuff to break!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The JBL system has two amps in the dash (front and rear channels), however they work on a different power setting than regular aftermarket systems that makes my new head unit act strange and run hot. I ripped out my 6-disk and went with a double-din Boss Nav unit for $150. It gave me a back up camera, usb/aux/mini sd, AM/FM/CD, and bluetooth streaming/wireless calling abilities. My rig now somewhat feels caught up on the technology front. There is an adapter available and someone posted JBL specific replacement speakers not too long ago.

EDIT: I thought I had commented on this thread before, but it didn't show. Now after I posted this it DOES show. My apologies for double posting.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had to pull my door cover off yesterday to install a new handle. Original one just broke on me. I saw my custom "hack job" repair of the main speaker which was a pain to put in due to the bizarre sizing. Even the aftermarket "kit" available to accommodate the size difference was not correct. I thought that I had put that memory behind me... Oh well, the radio still works!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had to pull my door cover off yesterday to install a new handle. Original one just broke on me. I saw my custom "hack job" repair of the main speaker which was a pain to put in due to the bizarre sizing. Even the aftermarket "kit" available to accommodate the size difference was not correct. I thought that I had put that memory behind me... Oh well, the radio still works!
Yeah, take it to a local stereo shop and ask them. I had a similar problem years ago and thats what I did.
You might also try VNSFORLESS on Ebay. They repaired my NAV disk (same problem as your CD). Good service and reasonable prices. I wanted to keep all of the factory audio/NAV rather than replace the head unit.
vns4less:
They are located in CA. 10275 old Placerville rd
Suite 16
Sacramento, Ca 95827

1 - 10 of 10 Posts