Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with JBL out there that can compare it to the standard non-JBL 6-disk system? My truck didn't come with the JBL and the stereo is not bad. Is it possible to have the JBL added now?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The JBL is ok, but nothing to write home about. I have it in mine and was a bit disappointed with it compared to my last aftermarket system. If you can live with your non-JBL for now I know of a couple companies coming out with aftermarket fit kits for Tundras by the end of May. One company has said their fit kit will have the piano black finish to match our dashes.

It would be much cheaper to add a nice aftermarket system afterwards that would blow the JBL out of the water. I know some would disagree with that, but in the world of audiophiles, the JBL is not that great.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Aside from the fact the JBL has Bluetooth integrated into the truck from the factory along with steering wheel controls. Most aftermarket units will probably have Bluetooth also but in the case of a Pioneer I recently installed in another vehicle there is a new seperate microphone that is required. And if aftermarket can somehow integrate with the steering wheel controls I'm sure that will entail a lot of work pulling the steering wheel and airbag and splicing into factory wiring.

The JBL system is just good enough with it's 10 speakers (including subwoofer) that I won't be messing with things.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I don't care about blue tooth, steering wheel controls, or even XM radio...i just want a kick *** stereo. I just don't want something that looks like a hack job - i want it to look factory. Hopefully, the aftermarket will catch-up soon.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Check this company out. http://www.scosche.com/

We've been emailing back and forth last week. He said they will be ready with the fit kits for the Tundras by the end of May. He said it will have the same piano black finish as our dashes and look very factory. Take a look at some of their other fit kits such as the ones for the Tacomas, they look like a perfect match. Doesnt look like a hack job at all.

You can get your kick butt stereo aftermarket for much cheaper than the factory JBL. And it'll sound 10 times better too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts