Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how, where to get the full JBL sound system for the limited so I can install it in my SR5 (if possible)?

·
Registered
150 Posts
check e-bay... might be pricey though. Someone with a limited has got to scrap one out for an after-market stereo eventually.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If you can wait another month I'll be glad to sell you mine. I'm just waiting on this one companies fit kit for Tundras. I'd be happy to sell it to you but I think youd be disappointed with it. You can buy a much much better sounding aftermarket system for alot less than the JBL. I'll still PM you though when I take it out to see if you still want it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are your complaints with it?
What are you planning to install instead?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Any ideas on how, where to get the full JBL sound system for the limited so I can install it in my SR5 (if possible)?
I trust you have the non-JBL radio now. Clarify if you mean the normal JBL sound system with Bluetooth and subwoofer (Option Code EJ for an SR-5) or the top-of-the-line JBL with Navigation display.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I'll clarify. I'd like the top of the line JBL sound system. I believe, 12 speakers, ~440W amp, sub, in-dash dvd/nav system. If I upgrade, I want to go top of the line for what Toyota makes. I don't want some [email protected]$$ fit kit that doesn't look at all stock.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry, I'll clarify. I'd like the top of the line JBL sound system. I believe, 12 speakers, ~440W amp, sub, in-dash dvd/nav system. If I upgrade, I want to go top of the line for what Toyota makes. I don't want some [email protected]$$ fit kit that doesn't look at all stock.
For the additional cost you could get alot better sound with just 6 speakers and a sub. Or upgrade the non jbl deck w/6 cd changer with a amp and speakers and have some left over without [email protected]$$ sound. Depends on your needs in music and quality. Had the JBL in last truck and hated it after a week. Went aftermarket (all alpine) and spent less than it cost for the JBL from the dealer putting in a new system that was truely awesome. The new JBL is better than previous JBL, but theres alternatives that sound better for less.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd save your money and go after market. Might even check into HD radio. From what I have heard it sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll consider aftermarket, then. To save me some time, can I get some posts from people that have already researched head units, speakers? I have no problems with Alpine, Kenwood, maybe even sony (never owned it before). I'd like to get a head unit that takes up as much of the space of the stock system as possible. One with a flip up screen for movies, nav if it's made. Also, who makes a good looking fit kit (not cheap looking plastic)?

·
Registered
699 Posts
This is my opion do not get SONY. I insatlled a sony system in my truck a few years ago ( they could be better now) and I ripped it out 2 weeks later and put in Alpine. I dont like anything sony makes. I have a sony computer now and the only reason I got it was because it was a good deal and I absolutly HATE it. it's a sony vaio. worst decsion I even made was going with sony.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Metra is releasing a fit kit the end of May and I believe the Scosche one is due around the same time. These will be the same high gloss black finish as the surround for the factory radio and will match perfect. Don't know your time frame but in 3 or 4 weeks you should be able to order it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the jbl with bluetooth and sub ,10 speakers.Is this not the same as the jbl with nav and 12 speakers.I was under the impression it was top of line just two less speakers.:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Metra is releasing a fit kit the end of May and I believe the Scosche one is due around the same time. These will be the same high gloss black finish as the surround for the factory radio and will match perfect. Don't know your time frame but in 3 or 4 weeks you should be able to order it.
Along with the kit, buy the Eclipse AVN 5500 and your in good shape. Its a double did NAV unit and its made by Fujitsu Ten. They supply OEM Toyota units. They do everything but dance..

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have the jbl with bluetooth and sub ,10 speakers.Is this not the same as the jbl with nav and 12 speakers.I was under the impression it was top of line just two less speakers.:D
jbl is the same either with or without the navigation. 10 speakers jbl in the dc, 12 speaker jbl in the cm. I do think the only difference is a 6 disk changer with the non navigation jbl, as the navigation jbl has a single disk cd changer, I think? Have not put a cd in my jbl so i can not vouch for anything more then one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine is coming with the upgraded JBL stereo. How much better is it over the base stereo? It should be an improvement and I do like the controls being on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
jbl is the same either with or without the navigation. 10 speakers jbl in the dc, 12 speaker jbl in the cm. I do think the only difference is a 6 disk changer with the non navigation jbl, as the navigation jbl has a single disk cd changer, I think? Have not put a cd in my jbl so i can not vouch for anything more then one.

The nav JBL comes w/ a 4 disc changer. The sound is decent, but then again I am 1/2 deaf from cranking up all of the nice stereos in the late 70's & early 80's. This factory system is ok for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts